Dionne quint dolls

verna65June 1, 2005

Have a set of infant Dionne quint dolls to dress. The dolls were found when cleaning a family home for estate sale. There were all the parts in porcelain 'greenware'.. there is embossed lettering at the base of the head which does spell out "Dionne". Other research indicates that Madame Alexander was the 'official' licensed maker of Dionne quint dolls, Can anyone tell me if there were legitimate molds available that could be used to make the Dionne quint dolls. These dolls are about 8-10 in and are definitely infant dolls. I did find a picture on the net of the girls dressed in frilly dresses with bonnets, with pastel colored bows. pink, blue, green, yellow, lavander.

What kind of value might they have? Unfortunately, they were painted and fired as regular ceramic greenware, taken to a 'doll hospital' to be assembled because the person who got them was too young to recognize the "Dionne" name embossed on the head. Any ideas? help? Verna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jonesy

My guess is someone made them but have no idea why they are marked as they are. I am sure the Alex company would have their name on the neck. Look in the Alexander Book and see how the real Dionnes are marked. There are people out there that received the Dionne quints for Christmas and lived all their lives thinking they had the orig. Their mothers just bought 5 of the same dolls and dressed them. They even bought a doll and dressed him as their doctor.

Bookmark   July 13, 2005 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Another Reborn Doll I've made...
Another reborn doll I made! This kit has been sculpted...
dianamo_1
More Barbies and Kens
Hi all, I want to share with you some of my new outfits...
Liddybuff
Woldorf Style Doll
Has anyone ever made one of these dolls. I have been...
enjoyingspring
New member - cloth doll patterns
Hi all, I'm Virginia, new to this forum. I have been...
VWbrownthumb
fibre craft pattern
i am looking for a fibre craft pattern called grandma...
twinkie50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™