Redressing an old doll

LiddybuffJune 17, 2014

I just finished making a new outfit for this older doll. The one that was one her was in shreds. I hope the lady I made it for will be pleased with it. I had to make my own pattern.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

It's lovely. That is how I got started collecting dolls. My husband wanted to garage sale and I had nothing of interest to look for so I started buying misc dolls that needed care. I advanced to a very serious doll collection.

Bookmark   June 20, 2014 at 9:25PM
Liddybuff

Thank you Emma, I collected porcelain dolls for years but never really had a good place to display them. I then decided to begin collecting porcelain figurines. Now I have a rather large collection in a smaller display cabinet. I still love making dolls and redressing them like this one. If you have seen some of my other posts I have been working on a large amount of Barbie and Ken clothing. Unless my customer adds more to their order I will be changing course onto something new. I've had the urge to go back to my jewelry making for a change of pace. Time will tell. I think we all know how the creative moods are.

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 6:41PM
emma

I think jewelry making would be a lot of fun. I really have fun with my costume jewelry collection and get lots of positive comments about them. The jewelry pictured below is made by a local artist. $12.50 each. The white one worn with a dark color picks up on the color below it. Even a guy in a store mentioned how nice it was.

I could never do such small clothes like Barbie and Ken.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 11:43PM
Liddybuff

These necklaces are very nice. I enjoy doing bead weaving and anything rather intricate for some reason. I am posting some I have made in the past.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 8:36PM
Liddybuff

Emma, Here is one more bezeled pendant I made. These take a while and you really have to concentrate but they aren't as hard as you think.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 8:41PM
emma

That would take a lot of patience. They are nice especially the smaller. My taste is more simple, like the ones in my photo. For example a single petal knock out rose, I think the simplicity of it makes it beautiful, most people like double petaled or flashier jewelry.

Bookmark   July 7, 2014 at 8:32PM
Liddybuff

Emma, I understand what you mean about taste. That's why I make so many different styles. You never know just what will be the seller. I do tend to make things that I would also wear just in case it doesn't sell.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 10:04PM
emma

Have fun...............what ever you do.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
Doll hair
I'm frustrated... trying to find baby doll hair......
kiendu
Reborn Baby's ~ anyone here do this?
I am not a doll collector but I have a friend (my other...
wynative
Plaster doll molds,patterns and porcelain slip
Hello, My husband and I recently acquired an estate...
dollmolds
dollhouse miniatures?
anyone else on this forum making dollhouse miniatures?...
steiconi
Seeley porcelain doll molds
Hello everyone I am totally new here and have not a...
allisonpayne
Sponsored Products
iPhone/iPad-controlled Racer with Camera
$89.00 | FRONTGATE
Westride 4-light Outdoor Post Lantern in Old Bronze
Overstock.com
Coral Coast Acropolis Extra Wide Metal Arbor - JF111275
$124.98 | Hayneedle
Filament Design Pendant Lights Providence 1-Light Olde Bronze Incandescent
$95.11 | Home Depot
Stickbulb | 2 Foot Torch Table Lamp
$350.00 | YLighting