Broken Water pipe and new furniture

lorraine303January 12, 2004

My son, who lives in a basement apartment, just called to tell us that a pipe broke and flooded his room with enough water to reach his box spring on his new bed and damage his new - oh, it's all new....he just used all his Christmas money to buy an entertainment center and we just bought him a dresser...

Anyway, the water is out, the carpet will be tossed, the box spring will be tossed, - what can or should be done about the furniture that got wet on the bottom?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Take out all the drawers, mop out as much water as possible and place them in a COOL dry place with good air flow

Drying over heat will warp them.

    Bookmark   January 15, 2004 at 9:16AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
The strangest, persistent odour
Hello all. This is a serious mystery. About a month...
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
Frozen Sump Pump Hose: How to Prevent ?
Our sump pump recently failed due to the exit hose...
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
Sponsored Products
Hunter 10 in. Low Profile White Ceiling Light Kit with Rosette Glass Shade 28306
$61.95 | Home Depot
Quoizel Oasis Large Pewter Outdoor Wall Lantern
Lamps Plus
9'x12' Bamboo Silk Silver Broken Design Hand Knotted Oriental Rug Sh19491
1800 Get A Rug
Westinghouse 5-1/16 in. x 5-7/8 in. Floral Design Shade 8126400
$49.97 | Home Depot
6-piece Basic High Reach Dusting Kit
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
Fat Cat Darts in the Jar - Soft Tip - 21 Darts - 26-7010
$23.99 | Hayneedle
Kraus Bathroom Combo Set Broken Glass Vessel Sink/Faucet
Set of Six 12 oz. Wine Glasses
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™