Wheat Weaving?

gardninladyApril 10, 2003

Any buddy have instructions on Wheat Weaving? I have seen lots of neat things made with wheat and would like to do some.

I have lots of wheat that I just harvested and I am letting it dry.

Hope to see some instructions, because everything else I have seen so far is completed projects for sale.

Thanks!

Carolyn from Charleston

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BigMama

Carolyn, have you posted this question at the Crafts forum....that might be a better place for an answer....seems like no one her is into wheat weaving....

Bookmark   April 22, 2003 at 7:28AM
icecreamgranny

HI...I realize you posted your question quite a while ago but if you are still looking for some ideas and do a search for Native American sites you will find several weaving projects. I just love those sites and there are many wonderful ideas given there. Judy

Bookmark   December 17, 2003 at 1:26PM
wheatwvr_centurytel_net

There are a lot of books out there for beginners. You can find some at amamzon.com. There are also teachers out there that can teach you. Here is one site to look at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/plains/4565/teacher.htm
Also, Morgyn Geoffry Owens-Celli is a weaver and has written books. If you put his name into any search engine you will come up with a lot. The site above re: teachers also has in their home page under suppliers places where you can purchase books, video tapes, etc.

Happy weaving
Pam French
wheatwvr@centurytel.net

Here is a link that might be useful: World Wide Wheat Weavers: Wheat Weaving & Corn Dollies

Bookmark   September 10, 2006 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Cabbage Patch Doll Pattern
I am looking for a pattern of the Cabbage Patch Doll...
sandra
New member - cloth doll patterns
Hi all, I'm Virginia, new to this forum. I have been...
VWbrownthumb
pattern
Does anyone have a pattern for a 1900 porcelain head...
Kitah4911
Keeping this forum ALIVE!!
I visit this forum often and I have noticed that sometimes...
Liddybuff
Another Reborn Doll
This ones named Pixie.. She's a vinyl sculpt by Bonnie...
dianamo_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™