Looking for doll maker with Duncan experience

FireFightersMoMMarch 7, 2007

I have just recently gotten into doll making with Duncan DC100. I was wondering if anyone else has poured this? I have a friend showing me...but honestly, not sure how much she really knows.

I would just love to pick your brain..and learn the steps...or know that the steps I am using is the correct ones. I have spent hours on the internet looking and can't seem to find any information

I did just get Flumo...which sounds a lot like the same process....but I haven't poured it yet.

I have a ton of doll molds that I just purchased from a retired doll maker...and can't wait to play

Thanks in advance.

Tami

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pandgdolls

Hi Tami

Welcome to the world of dollmaking.

I found this forum and signed up because a search for Duncan's product turned up your request.

Gwen and I make porcelain dolls and have a teaching studio in Tasmania.

I am currently researching pourable composites for body making and hope to find a strong durable composite which is not latex based as the ammonia smell during curing messes with asthma issues I have.

Would love to know how you get on and if you have any questions about the porcelain side of the process I would be happy to answer.

Peter

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of us and our stuff :)

Bookmark   November 8, 2007 at 6:52AM
More Discussions
computer program to design dollclothes
Have any of you ever heard of or seen the computer...
Liddybuff
Redressing an old doll
I just finished making a new outfit for this older...
Liddybuff
New member - cloth doll patterns
Hi all, I'm Virginia, new to this forum. I have been...
VWbrownthumb
Looking for doll molds?
My wife has too many porcelain doll molds to list ,...
juniorj72
fabric for cabbage patch type dolls
Desperately need source of fabric for soft stretchable...
Pat/SC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™