I put a giant Hershey bar down the disposal

sammy zone 7 TulsaJanuary 4, 2005

I did it! It had been a gift. Ok, I ate 2 sections, but had I not put it down the disposal, I would have removed it from the trash and eaten it. It was chocolate mint, and just about the largest candy bar I have ever seen.

I just had to tell someone. I am so proud.

Sammy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathy_

Wow! I applaud thee! Clap clap clap.
I sent the "bad stuff" to work with hubby.
I heard the calories in a chocolate bar puts double the weight of that bar on you.
There is a box of chocolate mints here but I am counting every calorie (30 each) so can have a piece or 2 a day. Mmmm.
Kathy

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 6:52AM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

I envy you that you can just hold it to one or two a day. We had a Rose Tour and had expected many many people. We had baskets of candy kisses, and ended up with many left over. Then we got more for Halloween. When I was finished with that and other candy, I had put on about 7 pounds. It's off now, and my only treats are lime popcycles. I just love them. Also at night I allow myself decaf coffee with Amaretto coffeemate and a teaspoon of sugar. That is about 45 calories. The popcycles are about 60. If those popcycles were chocolate, I would finish the box in a day. I can hold myself to one lime one a day.
Sammy

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 8:20AM
centralcacyclist

Anything naughty that my kids won't eat (leaving it to me not to be wasteful) at my house goes directly to the office kitchen table. They are like locusts! Anything swwet set there disappears in a hurry.

BarnMom

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 2:31PM
deemarie5500

Congrats on getting rid of that junk food! I took loads of goodies into the office, and my coworkers devoured them in just a few hours! They enjoyed them, and I loved watching THEM eat it!!

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 3:11PM
marci_pa

I tossed a whole recipe of mini brownie cupcakes into the trash yesterday. I had messed up on the recipe the first time I made them and I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away. They were edible, but not presentable if you know what I mean. So I froze them. When I found them in the freezer yesterday, I didn't hesitate, I just tossed them right into the garbage. It felt good!

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 7:45PM
kathy_

Sammy don't give me too much credit - you weren't here when I was eating the cookie dough (with real butter!) and the warm cookies too. Check out the sugar free jello at Wally world - I found lime jello and a small box has 20 calories the whole box. The generic brand is good especially cherry.
Good job gals!
Kathy

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 7:36AM
centralcacyclist

Love sugar free jello! It really hits the sweet craving spot right after a meal.

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Anyone out there done 'The Master Cleanse?'
I just started today and its going good.Couldnt do...
smile247
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™