please help with pricing dilemma!!!

chayMarch 14, 2002

Hey yall! I need some help. I just returned from a child's birthday party. I made her a suitcase with a 7" dolly and about 10 outfits. The suitcase doubles as a bed, with a little pillow and case, etc.. All cloth. Cost to make about $6 in material, half of that being the suitcase... Well one of the other moms asked me what I would charge to make HER kid one..."Name your price" were her words..but I figure $50,000 is a little steep, so I am asking you people. I do sew for cash, but the tiny clothes are a different story. Any suggestions?? Do outfits go by the piece? Looks like I will be making many more of these little cuties.

Thanks for your help.

~chay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ruthieg_tx

I think what you need to do is figure out a price for each item and then add them up. I sell doll clothes on ebay and sometimes they go for as little as $3.00 each but sometimes much higher so it is hard to say but I would figure out what I thought each item would sell for and then just add them up for a total....

Did you have a particular pattern that you used or is this an original..Was it a cloth doll?....It sounds adorable.

Bookmark   March 17, 2002 at 8:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chay

The doll I made out of a plain muslin, then painted the face on her, and hand-stitched the yarn hair onto her head. It is totally adorable. I am not so good with following patterns. It started out as the Butterick 3668, then it was modified/improved. It may or may not still be in print. Thank you for your reply Ruthie!!
~chay

Bookmark   March 17, 2002 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Another Reborn Doll
This ones named Pixie.. She's a vinyl sculpt by Bonnie...
dianamo_1
dollhouse miniatures?
anyone else on this forum making dollhouse miniatures?...
steiconi
fibre craft pattern
i am looking for a fibre craft pattern called grandma...
twinkie50
Reborn Baby's ~ anyone here do this?
I am not a doll collector but I have a friend (my other...
wynative
Need Ideas on How to Repair My Tiny Tears Doll, Please
This is my first time on this forum, although I'm a...
lynninnewmexico
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™