Before and After pics

harold14370January 31, 2010

Hello. I have hit 180 pounds, which has been my target weight for quite a while, so I guess it's time to post some pics. I still want to lose some belly fat, though.

I started my diet just a little over a year ago after I was diagnosed with diabetes.

I have lost the weight in a pretty conventional way, by counting calories and exercising. I eat a balanced diet, generally trying to follow the USDA food pyramid guidelines. I did it a little backwards from the way that is usually recommended. I started out eating about 1600 calories per day and gradually increased it to around 2000. That's why I lost weight fast in the beginning and slower as I went along.

Here is what I looked like in the summer of 2008, weighing around 275.

This is from August of last year at about 205, I think.

These is the current pic.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aka_raeanne

congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story.

Bookmark   January 31, 2010 at 9:23PM
ivamae

How wonderful!!!

Aren't you proud of yourself?

You sure have every right to be.

Bookmark   February 1, 2010 at 7:41AM
wodka

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight! Very inspiring, and just what I needed to encourage me to "finish the job" and reach my target. Thanks for sharing.

How is your diabetes? Did it disappear, along with your weight?

Bookmark   February 1, 2010 at 4:30PM
marci_pa

You are to be commended!! Congratulations for taking control of your diet and your health.

Bookmark   February 1, 2010 at 6:17PM
harold14370

Thanks, all, and thanks to everybody who reads the drivel I post on the weigh-in threads. The support means a lot.

Wodka, the diabetes is well under control. I started out with an A1c of 8 in January last year, and it was down to 5.4 in December. This was due to the weight loss, the change in diet, and the exercise. That doesn't mean it disappeared though. Once you've got it, it doesn't go away.

Bookmark   February 2, 2010 at 5:20PM
tikanis

Congrats Harold!! Way to go!

Tikanis

Bookmark   February 2, 2010 at 7:03PM
donna_southnj

Congratulations Harold - you should definitely be proud of taking control. Thank you for sharing - you are an inspiration to those of us still on the journey to goal.

Donna

Bookmark   February 2, 2010 at 9:44PM
wodka

Harold, that is really great news on your diabetes! That makes it all really worthwhile, doesn't it, that you are controlling/managing it so well with your healthier lifestyle.

Bookmark   February 3, 2010 at 10:05AM
silversword

Yay!!! Harold, I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you are doing. I'm so proud of you and I hope you feel as great as you look! You were an inspiration for me and "Harold's Diet Club" really helped me stay on track.
Best wishes,
Silver

Bookmark   February 26, 2010 at 12:12PM
harold14370

Hi, there, Silversword. I haven't been checking in much lately Things have slowed way down. Are you going to be posting here again? How have you been, and how's your little one?

I weighed 178 this morning, so I'm still hanging in there.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 8:02PM
jasmi

Hi Harold
Congratulations.. YOu have been really very inspirating and motivating for us. Wow..you look slim and healthy now. I hope you got your Diabetes also under control.

I have really slowed down these days. Also I forgot my password to this forum. So Could not communicate with you guys. I was actualy in the maintenance mode from september.I managed pretty good in the Holidays with out gaining any weight. But the new year and the Feb really messed up my routine. I am 130.6 now. So gained about 2.6 pounds from last time I posted my weight.

It is this time of the last year that I stumbled upon this group of ours and started my weight goal with you guys. I lost 20 pounds from March 2009 - November 2009. I reached my pre-pregnancy weight. I am so happy that we could find each other and reached our goals. All I was doing was keeping count of my calories and walking or doing some physical activity for about 40 minutes.

I hope to start again, losing weight in a healthy way.

Hi silversword, how are you doing? Nice to see you again .

Cheers
Jasmi

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 7:04PM
silversword

Sorry guys! I've been hit and miss lately.

Harold, I'm doing great. Did good maintenance, then lost momentum. I'm up to 139lbs (10 over my all-time low of 129 June last year). But I've started really working on it again. I joined a gym and that's really nice, I feel like I'm getting a lot stronger. My little girl is doing good, thank you for asking. Keeping busy, loving life.

Jasmi, sounds like we're right here together again! Shoots. At least we're in good company. :)

Bookmark   April 13, 2010 at 12:07PM
More Discussions
Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
Good morning Everyone! Welcome to another week of "let's...
mcpeg
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
New low-carber here
Hi, everyone-- I wanted to introduce myself and see...
Repol
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Cinnamon & Honey Articles
There are so many worthwhile articles on cinnamon &...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™