fabric for cabbage patch type dolls

Pat/SCMarch 4, 2001

Desperately need source of fabric for soft stretchable fabric for dolls similiar to cabbage patch or Real looking dolls- must stretch both ways and not run. Friend recovering from cancer and seeks to revive old hobby.

TIA

Pat/SC

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathy

I use Windsor Comfort (scroll down close to the bottom). Sometimes Hancock's carries a fabric similar to this. Test any fabric before you buy it. I have seen stuff labeled as "doll fabric" and it runs like crazy.

Here is a link that might be useful: sisters and daughters - fabric

Bookmark   March 24, 2001 at 12:43AM
handers64

I got 12 Yards on EBay it seems to firn compared to the original cabbage patch fabric but works well. If you can't get it I can sell you a couple of yards.

Bookmark   September 2, 2002 at 12:18PM
sherilynne

I've been using this fabric.. it's the best price on the web that I've been able to find.. and it seems to work great.. I make cabbage patch type soft sculpture dolls. It sells on their website much cheaper than it usually goes for on ebay :)
and if you want some help putting the doll together check out the cabbage patch kid sewing club on msn. http://groups.msn.com/cabbagepatchkidsewingclub/_whatsnew.msnw
there are lots of ladies with tons of experience who can help you out :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the fabric I use

Bookmark   October 7, 2005 at 2:34PM
Sandi8472

I noticed that a lot of these entries are old. However my question still remains where can I purchase the fabric needed for the Patch-type dolls. I have tried different sites and many will not send a sample. Of those that have, the fabric is too thin and runs when I attempt to do the sculpting. When I did these dolls years ago, I found the perfect fabric at a Walmart fabric department (but they no longer have these). I was able to buy by the bolt, the label is no longer readable or intact. Appreciate any help available.

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 3:14PM
LizzieG90

Hi, try Cr's Crafts. That's where I get my doll fabric from. It's thin just not super thin. Stretches both ways, just has more stretch in one direction. Its called soft sculpture fabric. Hope this helps...

Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 9:15AM
kiendu

Well, I see this is a very old thread now... But just in case anyone was still looking...

I love a fabric called Dolskin. It's by James Thompson. On their website you can request a sample before purchasing a bolt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolskin

Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Stuffed animal patterns?
Can anyone direct me to some websites where I can download...
msbatt
computer program to design dollclothes
Have any of you ever heard of or seen the computer...
Liddybuff
New member - cloth doll patterns
Hi all, I'm Virginia, new to this forum. I have been...
VWbrownthumb
Cloth Doll patterns and clothes
I am looking for 18 inch cloth doll patterns and clothes....
Acorna
dollhouse miniatures?
anyone else on this forum making dollhouse miniatures?...
steiconi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™