newly built house,less than one year old and after several months of living here,I found black against some of the interior walls on the carpet next to the baseboards. Thought it must be mold. There's black on my windows, and all baseboards, and cupboards, and now I noticed on the ceilings of exterior walls to the west the black where ceiling joists would be.
Was sure it was mold.
Called the Health Dept. He said it's carbon particulate (or something... I was pretty rattled)
He said close up my sump pit in the basement, stop burning candles, and open the house for fresh air.
(I keep the temp cold in the winter and don't run the central air much at all in the summer)
The sump pit has a loose fitting lid with an opening coming out for the pipe.
How do I enclose the sump lid?
Does any of this seem right?
Have you heard of it?
He asked if any of us (me and my two younger sons) have headaches. I don't have any more than usual, #3 son doesn't complain of any, and #4 son can't talk.
Thank you so much.