Gasoline on my wood floor!!!

stir_fryiJanuary 31, 2009

I know people sometimes do dumb things but...

Dh brought the snow bloyer into the kitchen to "fix" because he says it is too cold and not enough light in the garage. He had a cloth painting tarp under it but a while later some gasoline spilled onto our Brazilian Cherry hardwood floors.

He cleaned it up and wiped up the floor with dishsoap and water but I am sure it went in between the wood slats.

Anyhow, I am airing out the kitchen now (brrr!!!) and he says the smell will evaporate. It does not appear that it harmed the floor at all.

Anything to worry about?? Thank God we don't smoke!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

nothign to worry abot if it did not stain the floor. open a box of baking soda and sit it in the room for a few days, it should absorb most of the smell.

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 7:15PM
stir_fryi

Smell is gone already. he is lucky...

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 7:55PM
countryboymo

Wow I never dreamed of doing such a thing.. or anyone else, what else have you rebuilt in your home? I am glad you got it goin and didn't cause an explosion or burn the house down.

Bookmark   February 6, 2009 at 12:03AM
toxcrusadr Clay Soil

Hey, when you have no basement shop or heated garage, there's nowhere to go. Way too many slab houses being build for this ol' fixerupper. I have a basement shop with a concrete floor and a vent fan. Your husband is a good guy trying to fix things, but his efforts are impaired by his house.

I've heard of motorcycle engines rebuilt on the dining room table, but have not witnessed it...

Bookmark   February 6, 2009 at 1:27PM
mommyandme

Years ago, my brother-in-law dismantled an entire Volvo engine in his mother's living room while she was at work. I was not part of the family at the time, so I don't know all the details. I'm told she was furious, but by the time I was part of the family it was all a big joke. Oh, the things impulsive teenagers will do!

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 7:38PM
GammyT

stir_fryi, in the future tell your husband that a new Snow Blower costs thousands less than a new floor. LOL

Bookmark   March 11, 2009 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
Getting cat urine smell out of carpet...
What's the best way? Or what's the best thing to make...
nadastimer
Bad contractor web site
is there a site to post contractor complaints on??? Just...
jimrac
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
nini804
Bleach product discolored my kitchen countertop!
I used Clorox Cleanup in my kitchen to clean and disinfect....
Cyd1900
Frozen Sump Pump Hose: How to Prevent ?
Our sump pump recently failed due to the exit hose...
ozziepuppy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™