Starting over again 01/01/10

helencolbyJanuary 1, 2010

Jan. 1, 2009 ~ 199.8

Jan. 1, 2010 ~ 168.8

Total for year is 31 lbs.

Goal for 2010 is to get down to 145 lbs. by Dec. 31, 2010

I actually got down to 155.2 at one point, and then gained back 13.6 lbs. I totally expected that over the holidays. But now, I am going back doing what I did last year to lose the weight.

Portion control

Heavy on natural foods,

Light on simple carbs

Walking every day or excercise of some sort.

I do not deprive myself of a bite or two of pie, cake or candy. I do however limit my intake to just enough to taste and then put the rest down and walk away.

Although I did gain a bit over the holidays, I did not and will not allow it to run over into the new year. It was like going to a party, and now that is over and we get back to the real world.

Won't you join me as I begin my journey back to health?

Helen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wodka

Helen, I will definitely join you. I admire you for your courage in posting your "before" weight, so here I go ("gulp!"):

January 5, 2009 - 221.8 (unbelievable, isn't it, for a woman to weigh that much! - I never in a million years would have thought I'd get that big, but I did.)

January 1, 2010 - 165.8

Total loss - 56 pounds

My goal weight is 150, so need to lose 16 more pounds to reach it. OF COURSE, would love to lose more, but I have to be realistic at my age (59.)

Happy New Year to you!

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 12:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helencolby

Wodka, you did fantastic !! Hey girl, I am 66 years old, and I think that you can lose more if you wish to. But will it look good on you? That is the question I think. I don't think I would look good weighing say 135 lbs. like I did so long ago.. I looked great then, but gravity and old man time has decided to re-arrange some of my body and a lot of it has headed south. LOL Lets face it ladies, I will never be "perky" again. But healthy and be able to shop for decent fitting jeans and slacks and wear skirts and sweaters again and look nice would be such a blessing.

Wodka, when I jumped on the scales last Jan. 1 and saw those scales at 199.8, that really woke me up and I made up my mind that I would NOT see 200 lbs. Not now !! Not ever !! LOL I sort of got scared into doing something about it. I am glad I did.

Helen

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
Best for a quick weight loss?
I know all the rules(more or less) but if I wanted...
mzmint
Ravenous appetite
Does anyone else have a ravenous appetite like me?...
robar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™