RECIPE: Peppermint Candy Cookies

Cindy_MacDecember 9, 2003

Found this recipe in a cookbook I picked up recently in a used book sale. Thinking about making some this weekend. Have you ever tried them?

Peppermint Candy Cookies

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caliloo

I've not tried this one, but it does sound good. I have always had good luck with recipes from the Frugal Gourmet.

Alexa

Bookmark   December 10, 2003 at 3:33AM
Cindy_Mac

Scratch that one!!!

The dough was too dry ... even adding an extra teaspoon of vanilla ... had to add a tablespoon of water before it came together. Couldn't get the filling inserted right and by that time I was a little nauseated from the peppermint smell. Tossed the first 16 and did the remainder like the little buttery pecan balls that are so popular at Christmas. Rolled one in the peppermint/confectioner's sugar mix and promptly tossed it. The rest I rolled in plain confectioner's sugar. It wasn't a total loss, but a BIG waste of time!

Bookmark   December 14, 2003 at 6:58PM
jenn

Cindy, sorry about your bad experience. Isn't it disheartening to waste all the time and ingredients on something that doesn't turn out at all? But to focus on the positive -- now you know how they are and you won't have to wonder any longer. :-)

Jen

Bookmark   December 21, 2003 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Almond Cookies
Hello Everyone! I make cookies at home with almond...
kartik2094
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Meringue Pie Failure
Calling for all meringue pie topping pros!! I made...
becky_jo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™