RECIPE: Can I save this cake? (pix)

busygirlDecember 25, 2006

It has been years since I used my Bundt pan and I forgot it needs to be dusted with flour after greasing.

My carrot cake has a broken top. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I am taking it to my mother's tomorrow for the family dinner. Should I start over tomorrow?

TIA for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hulaskirt

I think that you should use it to do a trifle. A pumpkin trifle sounds good with carrot cake

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Trifle

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 12:47AM
carla35

I think the trifle sounds like a good idea. I guess you could freeze it, and then "TRY" to frost it...maybe I'm just being too hopeful. It still looks like it tastes good! Let us know what you did. This is bound to happen to me someday too.

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 12:58AM
busygirl

The trifle suggestion is excellent and something I never would have thought of. I must keep a tin of pumpkin on hand as I couldn't find any at the last minute. I'm going to remember the trifle solution for future disaster management. Thank you hulaskirt!
The only thing I could do was put a cream cheese icing on the cake, slice the nice portions and arrange them on a plate. I got 7 good slices and avoided embarrassment. The messy bits will be eaten here at home.
This cake IS delicious and I'd be happy to share if anyone needs another carrot cake recipe.
Happy New Year all!

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: new Orleans bread pudding
Looking for the best pudding recipe with brown sugar....
goldy
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
recipe: i found it
Just double checked my recipe box and found the "lost...
darrah
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
LOOKING for: chocolate chess pie
I am looking for the easy everyday cooking recipe for...
Tami73
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™