LOOKING for: bread mixes

abbylane8November 14, 2006

I am looking for a dry bread mix for single mini loaves to give as gifts. I am a teacher and I don't have time to bake all of them. I bought the pans last year and got too busy to bake. Go figure! Does anybody have any ideas? I would really like to do some type of banana, but any other yummy ideas would be great!!! Thank you, Abby

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

You could do almost any recipe for quick bread and package them without the eggs and water....you would include dry milk in the mix....and oil or butter.
Bananas would not go well, unless you used dried...but mostly any nut bread or bread using dry friut would do..
But...I expect you will find it takes less time to mix up and bake a big batch of individual breads than it will to measure and pack the ingredients. I would make the breads and freeze in the pans, wrapped and then remove from the freezer and hand them out.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 10:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Terrapots

Try Recipeusa.org for mix recipes. I think it woulod just be easier to use cake or bread mixes and bake cakes and freeze just like Linda suggested. Or make cookies/fudge, etc. Here's another site for recipe.
http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/christmas/gifts/blueberry-scones.htm

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 12:41AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas
I am making dessert for an evening business meeting...
Lucky400
recipe: i found it
Just double checked my recipe box and found the "lost...
darrah
RECIPE: Meringue Pie Failure
Calling for all meringue pie topping pros!! I made...
becky_jo
LOOKING for: Chocolate pretzels
Looking for the directions for pretzels with Hershey...
Dee1
LOOKING for: chocolate chess pie
I am looking for the easy everyday cooking recipe for...
Tami73
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™