LOOKING for: Cream cheese layer French Silk pie

craftyrnNovember 14, 2004

Had a pie of this the other day at a diner--crust was a brown sugar/pecan (which I do have a recipe for)--then a layer of a cream cheese filling-then a layer of French Silk Chocolate-which I have a few recipes for--what I'd like to find is a recipe for the cream cheese layer. It was very light & creamy , almost like a whipped cream , not the texture of a baked cheesecake thing. Anyone have one to share?

Diane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Check out the cream cheese layer in the recipe below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pie

Bookmark   November 14, 2004 at 4:55PM
danain

Diane, I make a chocolate pie that has that layer and it's so good. Here you go:

(PaulÂs favorite.)

1 2/3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (see below)
1/3 cup butter; melted
4 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups cold, heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups milk
2 (4 serving size) chocolate pudding mix

Spray a 9-inch pie plate with Pam. Combine cookie crumbs and butter and press in bottom and sides of prepared pie plate; refrigerate until ready to use.

Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl with a wire whisk until smooth; set aside. Using a cold (preferably stainless steel) bowl and a wire whisk, whip heavy cream with 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla just until mixture peaks. (Do not over whip or youÂll make butter). Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream (refrigerate the rest) into the cream cheese mixture and spread in bottom and up sides of crust; place in refrigerator while making pudding.

Cook pudding as directed on box except use only 2 1/4 cups milk (mixture will be thick). Lay plastic wrap directly on hot pudding, cool completely in refrigerator. Spread cooled pudding on top of cream cheese layer. Top pie with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with dark chocolate curls. Refrigerate 4 hours.

*Can be made with 2 (4 serving size) instant pudding and with 12oz. container of Cool Whip in place of the freshly whipped cream.

**I like to use the reduced fat Oreos because they have less cream filling. Pulse in the food processor to make crumbs.

Marilyn

Bookmark   November 15, 2004 at 8:31AM
craftyrn

Thx Ginger & Marilyn. I ended up using Marilyn's recipe but made instead of the oreo crumb--and just topped it with chopped walnuts & a bit of whipped cream around the edges.

Diane

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 4:44PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: merita fruitcake
Some of you may remember a fruitcake sold by Merita...
bws1955
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
LOOKING for: Eagle Brand Lemon Bars (No Cooking)
I'm looking for a recipe my mom used to make all the...
lobotome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™