RECIPE: Rose Petal Cake beautiful

jordycNovember 1, 2006

Rose Petal Cake:

I love this recipe it's so simple and very cute, perfect for babyshowers or when you want to impress your guests.

Ingredients:

1 Cup butter softened

1 1/3 cups white sugar

5 very large eggs

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon almond extract

1 1/2 ounces finely chopped almonds

3 teaspoons rose water

2 drops red food coloring

2 cups all purpose flour

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a nince inch tube pan.

Cream the butter very well. In a separate bowl beat sugar and eggs together until they have doubled their volume. Sift the flour and add it along with the salt gradually.

Fold in creamed butter thoroughly.

Divide batter into two equal parts, in one part add the almond extract and the ground almonds. To the other part add the rosewater and the red food coloring, place batters alternatively into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool then remove from pan and dust with confectioners sugar.

Buen Provecho!

Tips: If you add just a tad of red food coloring into two cups of whipped cream you have your frosting, I like to make the top of the cake really red so then I can decorate it with white rose petals.

Courtesy of: jordyscorner.baboonsoftware.com

Here is a link that might be useful: All about everything

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Sounds beautiful.
I am not a fan of rose water....I wonder if you could substitute a little raspberrye liquor??
Linda C

Bookmark   November 2, 2006 at 5:03PM
jordyc

Im sorry it took so long for me to answer back.
Computers can drive you to madness!

You could substitute it, but I wouldnt recommend it since it would change the taste of the cake, when I cant find rose water I like to make it myself, that way I can condense the flavour of the petals in my cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes and Sweet things

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 12:54PM
lisbet

Thank you for the cake recipe and website. I bought rose water some time ago and never really knew what to use it for. Thought it was chiefly for special cake icings...such as used in wedding or anniversary cakes.

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 7:15AM
rose_water_67_gmail_com

Elizabethan cuisine is noted for its near-pervasive use of such ingredients as rosewater, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, almonds, oranges, and currants. Most of these ingredients were not native to England and thus had to be purchased from merchants at a high price up until this period. Therefore, liberal use of them in a meal allowed a host to show off his or her wealth, much the way we would buy caviar or expensive wines for our dinner guests today. In deference to today's tastes and the desire for a balanced meal, I have removed these ingredients from many of the dishes you eat today. In addition, I have modified other ingredients and sometimes even the method of several recipes for either ease of preparation, transportation, or presentation. Therefore, my recipes for this meal are not strictly authentic redactions of the originals reprinted herein.

Here is a link that might be useful: rose water

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 6:29AM
More Discussions
choc chip cookie recipe with pudding
Last Christmas I saw on here a recipe for choc chip...
sorie6
RECIPE: Help With Pie Filling
I'm trying to come up with a fruit pie filling where...
vnw232
RECIPE: Meringue Pie Failure
Calling for all meringue pie topping pros!! I made...
becky_jo
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
RECIPE: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Wanting to take Pumpkin Dump Cake to work and wondered...
cjwood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™