LOOKING for: The best way to remove a tart from pan?

gardengrlNovember 17, 2004

This has just occured to me. When making other pies, cakes, & such, I usually flip the finished crust/cake out of the cooking pan before decorating (except pies). Since tart crusts are so thin (usually have the fluted edges), how do you remove them for the final product? Do you put the fruit filling in and then try to remove the tart from the pan? When you see a picture of a fruit tart, it's this delicate thing outside of the pan, ready for cutting.

At least when I make cheescakes, I can use a springform pan. Do they make special tart pans? Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

The tart pans I have are 2 parts so you just push up from the bottom & the tart comes right out. I never have a problem. However a year or so ago, I made a lemon tart with just a freeform tart ring (sort of flower shaped) with no bottom & put the dough in the ring & prebaked it on a cookie sheet. It was a lemon tart from the Joy of Baking site. The crust was so tender & flaky it shattered when I tried to remove it so now I bake it in the 2 part type tart tin.

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 4:16PM
ginger_st_thomas

Oh, meant to add that it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the tart is filled or not (at least the recipes I've used.)

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 4:18PM
woodie2

I don't do a lot of baking or putting together any desserts at all. However, somewhere along the line I did acquire a tart pan and it's what Ginger mentioned, you push out the bottom and the crust pops out and stays perfect (like a springform). I don't remember what I ever made in that pan, but I do know that I'm very inept at baking and I did okay with the tart pan!

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 11:07PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

Let them finish

(baaaaaaaad Jessy)

Bookmark   December 6, 2004 at 12:21AM
woodie2

JESSY!

You need your knuckles rapped with a ruler!

Bookmark   December 6, 2004 at 5:22PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

hehehehehe

Bookmark   December 6, 2004 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: looking for: coconut cake recipe
I'd love to try a coconut cake. I have not tried many...
gumspring45
LOOKING for: Looking for white soft cookie
In the olden days I used to make a soft white cookie...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
RECIPE: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Wanting to take Pumpkin Dump Cake to work and wondered...
cjwood
RECIPE: Irish Cream recipes
Please share any Irish Cream recipes that you've tried...
ruthz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™