Fleece Scarves

Xstbug_MDDecember 19, 2004

I am looking for directions to make some fleece scarves, I had a site with directions but now it is unavailable. Would anyone please share the directions or a site?

Deb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evelyn_craftdiva
    Bookmark   December 19, 2004 at 11:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AuntMary

Hi,

For a 'loopy' scarf, take (Adult) two pieces 60" x 16" of fleece. Fold lengthwise, cut to straighten. With right sides up, bring each long side to center and overlap about 1/2 inch. Sew down the center, securing the overlap. Place the two pieces, raw seams together and sew down the middle again. Cut both long edges to within 1/2-1/4 of the seam at 1/2-3/4 inch interval to form the fringe. Makes a full boa.

You can also do this with two or three pieces 60 x 8-9 inches. Sew the pieces together in the center and cut fringe. Pull on the pieces of fringe and they will curl, THAT IS, IF YOU HAVE CUT THE LENGTH OF THE PIECES ON THE CROSS GRAIN, NOT WITH THE GRAIN (selvege). Also, be sure that the bottom and top piece are right side to the outside.

Childrens length would be maybe 50 inches and only 12 inches for the folded or 6-7 for the single layer.

Hope this makes sense.

Bookmark   January 1, 2005 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™