LOOKING for: cookie contest

dian57October 18, 2009

I've been invited to participate in a cookie challenge. Not Christmas cookies, this is being held mid-November. Does anyone have a real knock-your-socks-off recipe they want to share?

The judges are all men, the bakers are all women. Not at all PC, but a consideration.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Since I don't bake much anymore can't help BUT, I would glance thru Good Housekeeping, and other magazines you might have and look for something simple, but easy to make and melts in your mouth. Me, I love peanut butter, but I know alot of people are allergic. I also love walnut/maple or walnut/oatmeal. Those things from Sweden, Norway that you roll in power sugar are great. Maybe cookies from a foreign country--Italy, Mexico or even Canada. Good luck.

Bookmark   October 18, 2009 at 5:15PM
bcskye

I used to make an Austrian Linzer Cookie that was a real winner. Don't even know if I still have the recipe. It wasn't like the ones you usually see. It wound up strip type cookies with raspberry preserves down the center and crosswise strips of dough over them. I think you made them in a pan, then after they were baked, you cut them in strips. They were definitely cookies, not bars. It was always a big hit as are most Linzer Cookies. And I'm not prejudice, either - even though I'm half Austrian.

Bookmark   October 21, 2009 at 9:35PM
doteroo

These cookies are really good but maybe not the world's best. The men at our church really like them.

Here is a link that might be useful: World's Best Cookie

Bookmark   October 24, 2009 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Irish brown bread recipe
I've got the Odlums course Irish Whole Wheat flour,...
magsnj
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
LOOKING for: Basic jelly roll, 2 or less eggs, non-dairy
Hi, all. It's unbelievable, how there still is no decent...
jally
choc chip cookie recipe with pudding
Last Christmas I saw on here a recipe for choc chip...
sorie6
Sponsored Products
Asymmetrical Carrara Marble Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Nickel 1-light Wall Sconce Lamp
Overstock.com
Cortez Satin Nickel Two-Light Bath Vanity Fixture
$374.00 | Bellacor
Elks Lodge Mirror
| Dot & Bo
Duii Table Lamp by Diesel by Foscarini
$830.00 | Lumens
Little Cottage 16 x 12 ft. Pinehurst Colonial Panelized Garden Shed Multicolor -
Hayneedle
Sofia Gray Tumbler
$260.00 | FRONTGATE
Serena & Lily Blossom Wallpaper
Serena & Lily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™