RECIPE: Berry pies with a cream cheese layer

organic_hedgehogOctober 4, 2009

Fashioned after a favorite of mine from Baker's Square: Lemon Supreme Pie. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar to taste (or Neufchatel for a lower fat version)over a prepared crust. Top with berry filling. Add whipped cream in decorative blobs or totally covering the berries. The cream cheese layer adds so much taste.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjinga

I read your post, got up from my computer, went to the kitchen and created a dessert I've never made before.

Inspired by the cream cheese powdered sugar mixture and a few misc dessert cookbooks

here is what I ended up with.

1 brick of softened cream cheese (had it out to make some banana bread but ran out of time to do what I planned with it).

"some" 3/4 cup? maybe 1/2 cup? powder sugar

made 1/2 recipe for banana cream pie filling. which was flour, sugar, milk, (which made the pudding) then added egg yolks, then some butter and vanilla

cooled that, then added 3 sliced bananas.

whipped up some whip cream (heavy whipping cream, with a tad bit of powder sugar mixed in.

Then graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar, mixed up.

spread about 3/4 of that out on the bottom of a square baking pan, pressed down firm.

Then spooned on a layer of the cream cheese, then the banana pudding mixture, then more crumbs, then more cream cheese mixture, toppped off with fresh whipped cream.

Should turn out to be like a banana cheesecake :)

I'll let you know in the morning how yummy it is.

Bookmark   October 28, 2009 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: looking for: coconut cake recipe
I'd love to try a coconut cake. I have not tried many...
gumspring45
LOOKING for: Almond Cookies
Hello Everyone! I make cookies at home with almond...
kartik2094
RECIPE: Irish Cream recipes
Please share any Irish Cream recipes that you've tried...
ruthz
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™