Gold Ornaments with Fake Snow

kudzukweenDecember 23, 2008

I loved the tutorial Char gave over at her blog, The Pickled Pepper Patch, for making glittered ornaments. I wanted some, but didn't have all the "ingredients" to make them..namely, glitter paint(which I am getting next time I go to town and do these right!)

So I used glue in a fine-tipped bottle and dusted them with ice flakes-fake snow. I definitely need much more practice making the scroll design.

Char's blog..The Pickled Pepper Patch, the link is on my blog! Come see photos of mine :D

Cherry/Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

I think your ornaments turned out great Kudzu. Where do you get those big bags of ice flakes, I've never seen them before just the little bottles of glitter? I need to find some gold ornaments and try that, I want a red and gold tree but so far only have red ornaments on it. TFS. Luvs

Bookmark   December 24, 2008 at 12:07AM
sunnyca_gw

Your ornaments came out beautiful!!. I wanted to get some spray adhesive for glitter to add more to snowflakes I got at Dollar Tree. Well, it was over $7 so I will do it some other way!! I saw some of the gold beads at Bev's in Santia Clarita & they were tarnishing already-made in China. I've got 3-4 old sweaters I'll cut them off! Jan

Bookmark   December 24, 2008 at 1:16AM
kudzukween

Thanks ya'll...Merry Christmas!
My husband has a Christmas train village, and we bought the ice flakes either at Walmart, or Michael's,wherever they sell Christmas miniatures....it's more like styrofoam crystals than plastic. (Like if you rubbed 2 styrofoam balls together or sanded one). I used a glass baking dish and poured some in it, and used a spoon to sprinkle it all over the glue. You can lay the ornament with glue on it right into the bowl of flakes, that works fine,too.
This pack of ornaments came from a yard sale, but I have big clear plastic boxes of gold glass ones I bought at K-Mart, Martha Stewart ones. Dollar General has gold plastic ones, which are better if you have pets and kids around :D LOL
I still want to do mine with the bottle of glitter paint,I want mine to sparkle a lot.

You know what I JUST NOW realized? I could have used the tubes of gold glitter glue I already have!
Kudzu

Bookmark   December 24, 2008 at 7:36AM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™