Inspired by Oddie Wine Bottle

kudzukweenDecember 28, 2007

I just loved the ones you made:) My former daughter in law gave me this champagne bottle,and I have another dark green wine bottle ready to make. I searched the stores I used to see the grapes wallpaper border and didn't find any yet. So I used this oval glittered flower from a greeting card,and used matching glitter glue around the edges. Small set back, the drill bit was too small for the lights,LOL!!! This I find out after an hour of drilling both bottles carefully:) So until I buy a larger glass bit, I have the lights coming out the top and hid it with a white and silver glittery bow. I'm giving this one back to her.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

Ohhhhhhh -- that is beautiful !!!!!! That's it ! I'm going to thave to start saving bottles ! LOL

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 9:05PM
oddie

Oh Yes just Beautiful! love it! what a beautiful label you made, love your bow also, what a nice gift for your dil!
if you are still looking for grapes border or wallpaper maybe try discounted stores, since they are kinda out of fashion now, should be cheap in discounted bins, maybe find some other type you might like to use.
Maybe you can inlarge the hole on your other bottle by kinda going around in a circle with your bit till its larger, hubby cut the cord off one of mine and then hooked it back after I put the lights in, unless you know what you are doing I wouldnt advise you try it, dont need any fires!
I think you did a beautiful job! cant wait to see the next one!
oddie

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 8:01AM
kudzukween

Guess what?? Went to a thrift store, got on my knees and dug through a bin and found wallpaper border with grapes on it! LOL......5 yards of it, for .15. I wasn't sure it would have grapes,so I only bought 1 roll, it still had the new label on it covering it, but I saw what looked like grape leaves and vines. I got lucky:)

Bookmark   January 4, 2008 at 6:22AM
oddie

Yes you did get lucky! now cant wait to see your next wine bottle! you can use the left over for other crafts, I always look for the texture wallpaper in the bins, so much can be done with them !
Happy Crafting
oddie

Bookmark   January 4, 2008 at 7:24AM
More Discussions
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Collection Mirrors Bredon 34 in. L x 30 in. W Framed Vanity
Home Depot
Kirkland Satin Nickel Four-Light Bath Fixture
$536.00 | Bellacor
Metropolitan Sanguesa 29 1/2" High Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Wine Reference
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
Noir Arm Chair in Cream
$174.99 | Dot & Bo