Glass block crafts

imblessedDecember 5, 2006

Hi. I just joined today. I would like to make the glass blocks with the lights in them and I am wondering if anyone uses the acrylic blocks instead of glass. If so, where is the best place to purchase them? If not, where do you buy the glass?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Welcome, welcome, welcome, so glad you joined and jumped right in. In this forum, at the top, do a search for "glass block lights." I'm positive you will find many posts on them. Never heard of the acrylic blocks. Otherwise, my sis did a few of the glass ones, and she got hers at places like Home Depot or other homebuilding centers/stores. Even in your web browser line - just type "glass block lights" and again, I'm sure several sites will come up for your look click on and look at.

Here is a site on HGTV that you can look at the glass blocks a lady did and had her work shown on the Carol Duval Craft Show. They certainly are lovely. Copy and paste the site to your web browswer line.

Sal

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_occasions_december/article/0,1789,HGTV_3270_3313693,00.html

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 8:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
les917

Here's a source for the acrylic blocks, tho I am sure home centers carry them, too.

acrylic blocks

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 4:00AM
More Discussions
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™