Another lighted wine bottle

oddieDecember 10, 2007

made this one up pretty quick, its a gift for a guy who collects wine bottles, tried to make it look more manly, label cut from wallpaper border, around the top of the bottle I applied a gilded accents of grapevine and leaves, cant see it in the photo, also desided to keep the lights to the bottom seemed to look better for this light, so what do you think?

oddie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

It looks excellent ! It's so hard to make something for a guy - but you nailed it !

~~~~~~~ Perfect ! ~~~~~~~~~

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 5:31PM
honeysuckleridge

oh oodie this is so beautiful!! I've seen so many with too much STUFF and this one is just perfect!! GORGEOUS of course.
ginger

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 5:59PM
kudzukween

That's beautiful Oodie! And might I add,so are all your other postings:) It's a perfect "guy" gift:) I'd love to try this craft myself, and I showed my DH,and we checked out lights. How many do you use? I saw strings of 20, 25,and 50. Great idea to use the wallpaper border with the grapes, I think I will copy that idea myself :) Makes it look more like a wine label I think! And I see grape patterns at the dollar stores and yard sales...now if I can only remember that next time I see some! Great job :)

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 6:12PM
Posie

That looks so fantastic. I see that you did cut a hole in the bottle.Good job !

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 7:15PM
oddie

Thank you! I sooo agree its hard to make a decoration for a man! had the ribbon for a couple years, looking for the right project.
Kudzukween I used 20 light set, althoe most light set are cool temp now, in the past to many lights made the bottles hot, and there for chance of fire, but eather way I think the smaller amount looks nicer, but thats just my opinion, if you have somekind of graphic program you could make your own labels, I liked useing the wallpaper border because all I had to do was wet the paper and it seemed to stick better, and I didnt have the mess to clean off the bottle, I read where crafters was useing wallpaper paste insted of modpodge, but this was my frist try on glass.
posie I always drill a hole in the bottles ( hubby does) I dont care for the looks of seeing the cord run down the back of the bottle, agine thats my opinion, hubby drilled hole to close to the bottom and couldnt get the lights in so he took the plug apart from the wire, instered the wire and hooked it back together.
Thanks agine
Oddie

Bookmark   December 11, 2007 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™