Snap/metal ring to be used for papers

CalgaryHomeDecember 18, 2012

Hi All,

One can attach papers together with a metal ring as on the color selector from a paint producer on the figure. The metal ring is a bit like a snap fastener used for clothes, except it often has a hole in the middle. They probably would come in two pieces that interlock. Does anyone know what those small metal rings are called? What type of store might carry them? I'm at a total loss, even after way-too-long web searches!

With thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Image attached

    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 9:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It looks like a rivet. Craft stores would sell them. I've seen small ones at Joann's and Michaels. You need a tool like pliers to fasten the 2 pieces together. Probably could get them at a home supply store like Home Depot or Lowes as well.

    Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 8:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It is a grommet

    Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 8:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Check either in a craft place like Hobby Lobby, or camping store, ACE Hardware, Menards etc. Some places have kits with the tool needed to punch these together as people doing leather works use them as do scrapbook people. Check the internet also

    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 4:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It might also be called an eyelet. Definitely look in the craft store, probably in the scrapbooking/rubber stamping isles.

    Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 10:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Many thanks to you all for the replies! A colleague of mine knew what I was looking for when I wrote I needed a rivet/grommet/eyelet, and brought a pair to me. I appreciate your help in naming that thingy thing.

    Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 11:21PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™