baby shower cake with vintage travel as subject

bluegrassgirlDecember 1, 2010

Trying to figure out how to use vintage travel, old cars, trains etc as subject on cake. Also, what do I write other than "welcome baby" etc. Looking for clever ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I used to decorate cakes!! Got lots of odd requests. Never to mix vintage with newborn tho. So kind of divide the cake into vintage with the old luggage, old cars, old trains to represent the past. & lower 1/2 (make the Left side all that going towards right upper corner so maybe small image of old train will be going off somewhere. then on a diagonal write Baby zooming into the future & under the writing have ipod, computer, hiphop or whatever you can draw or copy off & cover with clear contact plastic to represent baby's new world. Could make old postcard looking rectangles with Paris, Rome, Greece etc, or places in U.S. or old looking car with luggage in back seat & names on side of car Boston, N.Y. L.A. anyway that is only way I can think of to tie it together. Depends on size of cake too. Also your decorating ability, if you aren't good with cars you might see if you can find vintage looking matchbox car or old train or make postage stamps with names of towns in the contact clear plastic, cover both sides & just put 2c(cents) or 3 c to seem like from long ago. Might find small horse & buggy at a decorating shop to represent old days & use ads to get pics of stuff on sale like ipods, cell phones, computers or draw them yourself, if baby is here a computer screen with baby's name, birth weight would be cute in lower half. Good Luck! Jan

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™