RECIPE: looking for: gluten free cookie recipes

missemeraldAugust 5, 2012

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I searched for "gluten free" on this forum and was not successful. My daughter and her friends (all rising seventh graders) donate their free time baking cookies and treats for homeless shelters on a monthly basis. They've been doing this for about seven months now and have so far donated over 225 dozen cookies to three different shelters. Anyway, it has come up recently that some "Gluten free" cookies/bars would be great to have as well, but none of us use that diet. Does anyone have any gluten free cookie or bar cookie recipes that they could share with the girls for this project? The cookies have to be yummy and NUT FREE (requirement for all the shelters). There's a lot on the internet but we need a place to start and everyone here has wonderful suggestions. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
party_music50

Rice Krispie Treats can be made gluten-free -- just make sure each ingredient identifies itself as 'gluten free'. See here:
http://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=how%20to%20make%20rice%20krispies%20treats&utm_content=How+to+Make+Rice+Krispies&utm_campaign=Intention+-+Brand#/en_US/recipes/gluten-free-treats

Otherwise, have a look at the King Arthur Flour site for gluten free cookie/sweets recipes. Most of their GF recipes I've tried have been pretty good. Here's the link:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free/cookies-bars-and-candy

I've also found some good GF recipes at Allrecipes.com so you might want to search there to see what inspires you.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 9:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Georgysmom

Meringue cookies are gluten free...anything without flour. I make a meringue with chocolate chips (Emeril Lagasse's recipe).

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 11:49AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas
I am making dessert for an evening business meeting...
Lucky400
RECIPE: Recipe: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
It is a good one, I have made it many times for many...
sheshe
LOOKING for: Irish brown bread recipe
I've got the Odlums course Irish Whole Wheat flour,...
magsnj
RECIPE: new Orleans bread pudding
Looking for the best pudding recipe with brown sugar....
goldy
RECIPE: looking for: coconut cake recipe
I'd love to try a coconut cake. I have not tried many...
gumspring45
Sponsored Products
Steve Silver Newbury Silverstone Bar with Foot Rail - Cherry - NW560B
$598.00 | Hayneedle
Vitamix 32 oz. Dry Grains Container with Recipe Book - 15845
$144.00 | Hayneedle
Perfect Dressing Recipe Bottle
$16.99 | zulily
Chalkboard My Recipe Binder
$10.99 | zulily
2-Cup Measuring Shaker
$5.99 | zulily