Quick and Easy Ornaments

smickerdoodleDecember 10, 2008

Thought you all might like to see a couple of the ornaments that my daughters and I made this year. These are really easy to do if any of you need quick ideas. They are on my photobucket page. The ones I am talking about are the penguin ornament and the snowgirl...

Here is a link that might be useful: Micki's Photobucket page

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
posieh

Fantastic ! Do you paint these?

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 3:12PM
leveta

Oh smick your things are sooo cute....Give details....lol

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 3:43PM
smickerdoodle

Thanks you guys. Yes I painted the faces on them.

Ok lets see...They were made from clear bulbs that I got at Michael's. The penguin ones we spray painted the bulbs black to start. The hats I bought some scarves at the dollar store. I cut them into pieces that fit around the ball with enough for a half inch or so seam. I doubled the fabric to give it more body by folding it over. after stitching them up the back I folded them and put the folded edged down over the ball ornament and hot glued it in place(covering about half the ball). Then I cut a piece of a boa to fit over the edge of the hat forming the feathery brim. Then I painted the faces and made beaded hangers like one of the girls on here made and put it on.
They were fun to make and really didn't take much time at all. I love them...they are so cute hanging on the tree.

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 8:30PM
kudzukween

I love them, and the boa is so sweet on there! The blue boas goes great with the penguin. Oh, and your beaded ornament hangers are cute, I love the pearly colors.
I can never find the clear ornaments, they run out so fast! I had plans to make some with feathers in them. And I haven't found any at yard sales or thrift stores that I'd be willing to bleach out :D They're too pretty and I wind up keeping them!
Kudzu

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 9:28AM
luthien

wow! your craft is really pretty. did you do the bathroom floor? is it mosaic? and i love the sun shaped mirror too though i really couldn't open the pictures larger... must be something wrong with photobucket again. the christmas ornaments are simply delightful :)))

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 4:39AM
oddie

soooo cute! love the cute faces and how you decorated them.
I can never find the clear balls eather, got to move fast I guess, will keep for next year.
TFS
oddie

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 7:33AM
smickerdoodle

Thank you...Yes my daughters and I did the bathroom floor. It is stained glass mosaic.

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™