porcelain Santa head and hands

cateyanneDecember 18, 2008

I posted this in the doll making forum, but no one is talking over there. I guess everyone is busy for the holidays. I'm hoping a crafter here will have some advise. I got an idea to make one of those Santa dolls you see in the stores, they are standing on a base of some kind with clothes trimmed in fur and carrying a sack of toys. Decorative dolls I guess you'd call them. I bought a porcelain head and hands set in the local craft store, but cannot find out how to attach it to a body. I can sew and am very handy. I have no doubt I can make one of these. This head does not have any holes in the breastplate, I cannot figure out how you would go about attaching it to a body.

Can anyone give advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

Had hopes someone here could help you, not a sewer but a make doer, I remenber the dolls from years ago most had holes to attach
maybe you could glue them, E6000 will hold just about anything, you could use hot glue to help hold till the E6000 sets, and the parts will be covered with santas clothes right, you would need a diamond bit to drill the holes yourself.
maybe someone will have a better idea.
Happy Crafting
oddie

Bookmark   December 19, 2008 at 9:08AM
More Discussions
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™