recipe: iso apple fried pie directions

BridgetAugust 21, 2003

Hi. I just read the postings for fried pies and I also went to texascooking.com, but I still have questions. First of all, I have never even seen a fried pie, but it sounds good. I see some people use tapioca, which I am absolutely clueless about, and ".com" calls for using no tapioca and using dried fruit. Can I use regular sliced apples like I do in a pie? The recipe sounds like an empanadilla, so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using Goya Discos instead of making their own crust. If someone could post a start-to-finish recipe for me that would be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

If you post this on Lois-MO's fried pie thread, she'll be notified by email. She sure knows fried pies! I found this on the Web using fresh apples. It's a really annoying site so here it is copied from the link below.

FRIED PIE APPLE FILLING

Peel and quarter tart cooking apples. Drop into bowl of salt water to prevent darkening of apples. Lift out of water, place in heavy kettle, cover tightly and bring to boil over high heat. (No need to add water since apples soaked up water in bowl.) Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until apples are tender. About halfway through cooking, sweeten apples to taste.

Stir occasionally and add SMALL amount of water if apples begin to stick. When tender, remove from heat and mash with potato masher. Add cinnamon to taste. Cooked apples should be VERY thick. Cool to room temperature, place in pie, seal edges and fry as usual. NOTE: Filling may also be used for stack cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fried Apple Pie Filling

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
choc chip cookie recipe with pudding
Last Christmas I saw on here a recipe for choc chip...
sorie6
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: merita fruitcake
Some of you may remember a fruitcake sold by Merita...
bws1955
recipe: i found it
Just double checked my recipe box and found the "lost...
darrah
LOOKING for: Basic jelly roll, 2 or less eggs, non-dairy
Hi, all. It's unbelievable, how there still is no decent...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™