RECIPE: What is white bark coating?

sapphiresMay 12, 2005

Hi,

Is white bark coating just another way of saying white chocolate? At the end of my recipe it says to drizzle chocolate... so I am thinking it is just white chocolate. Also how long would I put timer on microwave if I wanted to melt the chocolate using that method? Thank you.

Sapphires

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

White bark coating is NOT chocolate....it is cocoa butter, sugar, milk and artificial flavoring....EWWW!
I think melted chocolate chips would be better.
I don't have good luck melting stuff like that in the micro....overdo it one second and it seizes....better to do it over hot water.
Linda C

Bookmark   May 13, 2005 at 12:43PM
shaun

Linda, thanks for that tip re: microwave

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 8:36AM
ld0889_aol_com

I can't find the recipe anywhere on the internet i guess you have to order them online.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 6:24PM
sunnyca_gw

WHITE BARK 2 c sugar,2/3 c milk, 1 Tbs light Karo syrup,1/4 tsp. salt 2 Tbs. butter, 1 tsp.real vanilla extract. Combine sugar,milk,Karo & salt is heavy pan(I use bottom of 4 qt pressure cooker) Cook stirring all the time until sugar is dissolved & mixture comes to a boil. Cook without stirring to soft ball stage. Remove from heat add butter but don't stir. Let cool to lukewarm 110degrees,add vanilla & beat until thick & creamy. Before you pour out you can add 1 c. toasted walnuts or almonds or dried cranberries. Break apart when cool. 1 1/2 lb. Tips, when sugar is dissolved run a damp cloth over a fork around inside to pan just above liquid,so doesn't sugar, Don't move pan while it is cooling, have any nuts ready before you beat the candy. It will get white & sets up fast so have wax-paper laid out away from gas stove(I had wax-paper "travel" about 2 ft & catch fire on my stove- it is made differently than years ago so not safe anywhere near fire. Would be good to put weight on 1 side of it so it couldn't move. Spread out bark & when cool break in pieces. Don't use foil to pour out on(foil continues to cook candy & can ruin toffees,barks & some other types of candy). You could remelt some of this to drizzle over a cake or something if you didn't put anything it it. I've made it for at least 40 yrs.I wrote that it came from a "Candy Cookbook" probably while I was vacationing at relatives somewhere, I love cookbooks.

Bookmark   July 16, 2011 at 12:21AM
More Discussions
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
LOOKING for: Almond Cookies
Hello Everyone! I make cookies at home with almond...
kartik2094
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™