RECIPE: Do you have a favorite Splenda recipe?

sayhellonowApril 22, 2008

I have discovered that Splenda is made from sugar by removing the molecule that creates sugar's calories. So I'm looking for some recipes that you've tried and know to be really good.

Also, with canning season approaching, have any of you tried canning anything in particular using Splenda? I made raspberry jam and it was too runny.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

Let's move this one down.

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 8:50PM
sayhellonow

Move it down?

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 3:47PM
roselin32

Why? There are a lot of people cooking with Splenda these days.

Bookmark   May 11, 2008 at 4:47PM
sayhellonow

My thoughts too. I am using sugar only on rare occasions when Splenda won't work (my raspberry freezer jam won't set up with Splenda). I am hoping for some good tried-and-true recipes.

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 11:06AM
trixietx

I have been checking this post daily. I don't have any T&T recipes but I hope someone else does. I am trying to cut back on sugar.

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 11:26PM
roselin32

I don't have any recipes because I only occasionally use a packet of Splenda on cereal but there are a lot of recipes at this link and Google has lots. I know that my diabetic sister in law uses it for her fried pies though.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Default.aspx

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 11:33AM
sayhellonow

I made a Flourless Chocolate Cake last night using Splenda instead of sugar. We cut it tonight, so I can't tell you what it tasted like. However, it uses 8 eggs and two whole sticks of butter, so it may not be good for those whose cholesterol is too high.

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 5:41PM
madeyna

No bake cheesecake with splenda....... 4 8 oz boxs of room temp cream cheese..... 1/2 cup of splenda mix above ing. then add 1-8oz tub sug free coolwhip ....1 or 2 tsp vanilla to taste Pour all into a 10 inch sug free graham cracker pie crust. Let set in fridge for about4 hours then top any way you like and enjoy. I use this a basic recipe and add change it depending on the mood I am in this time of year I like to add 1/2 cup of puried friut like strawberrys to the mix right after I add the cool whip but blackberrys and rassberrys are also a big hit. I add splenda to taste to the berrys before I add them to the mix. This recipe is also good if yoiu substatue sugar for the splenda and extra creamy coolwhip for the sugarfree stuff . You can also half the recipe and use a 8 inch pie crust instead if you don,t want the large really full 10 inch one.

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Meringue Pie Failure
Calling for all meringue pie topping pros!! I made...
becky_jo
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
RECIPE: What's your best improvement to boxed cake mix?
I love to play around with cake mixes and improve the...
bonelady
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas
I am making dessert for an evening business meeting...
Lucky400
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™