RECIPE: Recipe: Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

trixietxApril 14, 2004

I have a friend whose MIL is in hospital in Lubbock. The family is staying in motel close to hospital and will probably be there another week or so. Yesterday got in the kitchen and made banana nut bread, Blueberry cream muffins and these cookies to send to them, and they are really good.

1 c. butter

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. white sugar

2 eggs

1 t. vanilla

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. baking powder

1/2 t. salt

2/3 c. each white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips

1/3 c. each chopped walnuts, pecans and almonds.

Preheat over to 350. In med. bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture and mix until well blended. By hand stir in chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 min. Cool on cookies sheet slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

We really did like them, guess you can tell I saved about a dozen for us. Recipe makes 4 dz.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ann_t

Oh thanks Trixie. What is not to like with a recipe that has butter and three kinds of Chocolate. I'll pick up some milk chocolate chips when I am out today.

Ann

Bookmark   April 14, 2004 at 11:35AM
roselin32

Trixie,
I made some just like this for the tech support kids at my ISP-they are so happy to get them and I get lots of compliments on them.
I think they are great too so know what you mean about saving some out for your family. The kids think the three different chips make a great treat-they are good too with some raspberry chips included also.
RL`

Bookmark   April 14, 2004 at 1:29PM
ginger_st_thomas

With all the different kinds of chips available, the combinations are almost endless.

Bookmark   April 14, 2004 at 7:03PM
loralee

great Idea, I do this also sometimes with my favorite chocolate chip recipe. Last night I made brownies and put the white chips and of course choc chips as well as walnuts in the homemade brownies. yum yum.

Bookmark   April 17, 2004 at 11:08AM
Dawn_in_Va

Yum!

Bookmark   June 30, 2004 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Almond Cookies
Hello Everyone! I make cookies at home with almond...
kartik2094
RECIPE: looking for: coconut cake recipe
I'd love to try a coconut cake. I have not tried many...
gumspring45
LOOKING for: Irish brown bread recipe
I've got the Odlums course Irish Whole Wheat flour,...
magsnj
RECIPE: merita fruitcake
Some of you may remember a fruitcake sold by Merita...
bws1955
RECIPE: Lost Cookie Recipe
I'm looking for a cookie recipe I use to make. I can't...
darrah
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™