Where to Find Garlic Juice or How to Make it.

TwinkledomeJanuary 11, 2008

I saw a show on the Food Channel where they visited a BBQ joint that made a BBQ beef and used garlic juice for seasoning. I have been looking for it and haven't found garlic juice in any of the stores. Does anyone have a clue where I might find it, or, does anyone know how to make Garlic Juice?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
changeling

twinkledome, I'm no expert, but maybe you should just try a garlic press and see if you are really going to like the recipe with garlic juice.
I really can't imagine how it would differ from just using minced garlic that you get in a grocery store in those small to large jars. Actually you could dip out the juice or strain/squeeze the whole jar for the juice if you're sure that is what you want.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 4:26PM
terri_pacnw

I suggest using a microplane or a garlic press..the microplane will give you "smaller" bits of garlic..that will cook down to nothing.
I think I watched the same episode..and I was thinking "I've never seen garlic juice". LOL

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 5:00PM
centralcacyclist

I googled "garlic juice" and found this on the top of the list. It's out there!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garlic juice.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 5:08PM
nancylouise_gw

We sell it in our cooking store. It is just the juice of the squeezed garlic, no bits. Check cooking or gourmet stores. They should carry it. It is in the Italian section in our store. (8 oz bottle) NancyLouise

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 7:41PM
Twinkledome

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I see that the garlic juice that is sold comes in cases, so that is out. I love garlic, but!

NancyLouise: I am in So. Calif. I don't suppose your store would be, would it? I will call the Italian Deli and see if they carry the juice.

Otherwise, I guess I will be experimenting with presses, microplanes and chopped garlic in jars. Surely, something should work.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 8:36PM
nancylouise_gw

Sorry twink, I'm all the way on the other side of the country. I'm live and work in Maine. Good luck in your search, NancyLouise

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 8:01AM
publickman

You'll be better off substituting fresh garlic that you put through a garlic press or grate on a Microplane. Bottled garlic juice has an off flavor to it - almost like a metal or can flavor. Don't waste your time trying to find it.

Lars

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 8:59PM
mustangs81

I'm with Lars, my experience was the same. I never finished the bottle and finally threw it down the drain. Actually, I used it outside for bug maintenance.

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 10:19AM
Twinkledome

Lars and mustangs: Thanks for the tip. I won't waste anymore time looking for it, nor will I waste my money that way.

Lars: Are you Swedish? If so, tak se micka (phonetics)

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 6:30PM
yasmincp_aol_com

I don't have any tools to squeeze the garlic juice out can I use a blender??

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Where is the canning forum now? :(
I'm not finding the canning forum. Can someone help...
gardnpondr
Need Recipe Help
Need Recipe Help Our church hosts a Lenten Luncheon...
blueheron
Do you keep raisins in the frig?
I have never ever kept my raisins in the frig. My most...
Jasdip
Big Weekend Ahead
Hi everyone, I'll be making Crab Stuffed Mushrooms...
moonwolf_gw
A couple more questions about the new format
I've noticed that there's an underline, then gw after...
sally2_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™