LOOKING for: additives to sugar cookie mix

prairiewindsMarch 12, 2008

I've done a search through this page for sugar cookies and found some ideas to add to sugar cookie mix. I cook for approximately 600 people at a time and have approximately 32/50# bags of sugar cookie mix to use up. HELP!

I've figured out how to make snickerdoodle, mocha chocolate cookies, monster cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and jam prints so far. Any ideas to widen my selection?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

There are some variations on a basic sugar cookie recipe at the site below (scroll down.) You could also add lemon or orange zest to the dough & ice the cookies with lemon or an orange icing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookies

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 6:33AM
ginger_st_thomas

More on the right side of the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: More variations

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 6:35AM
lindac

You can add....but not all at once...nuts...even peanuts, raisins, chopped dried cranberries and some grated lemon peel, M and M's...you can roll the cookie balls into chopped nuts or crushed crisp cereal...like rice krispies. You can add cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and make spice cookies, you can make thunb prints and fill the thumb print with chocolate kisses, or jam or jelly of any sort, with butter scotch ice cream sauce, peanut butter or nutella . You can roll uncooked cookies in sprinkles of all colors....just use your imagination.
Linda C

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 6:33PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Rhubarb/strawberry jello crunch
I lost my recipe for this dessert. I know you make...
deb_pa
RECIPE: Help With Pie Filling
I'm trying to come up with a fruit pie filling where...
vnw232
RECIPE: Recipe: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
It is a good one, I have made it many times for many...
sheshe
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas
I am making dessert for an evening business meeting...
Lucky400
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™