RECIPE: What to do With Chocolate Cake Disaster

annie1971March 1, 2008

I've considered myself to be a pretty good cook and 99.9% of the time I bake from scratch. Today, however, I thought I'd just bake up some boxed chocolate cake in my mini bundt pans (6 mini's to a pan). I cut up some mini snickers and added to the batter before baking.

Of course, all but a few stuck to the pans and came out in clumps (I seem to never properly judge when to remove cakes from pans).

Anyway, does anyone have a good use for the chocolate cake clumps. Maybe a mud pie sort of concoction or another ice cream/cake recipe I can put into the freezer for a great dessert later on?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

You could layer it like a trifle using vanilla ice cream.

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 4:51AM
bella_victoria

A little late but it would be good layered with pudding, too, perhaps with a little whipped cream.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 11:29PM
annie1971

Thank you both. I put it into the freezer and think I'll concoct a pudding/ice cream/fruit and choc syrup trifle sort of thing? We have a friend coming to visit and he'll eat anything!

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 12:01AM
colleenoz

I like making a "Black Forest" trifle using chocolate cake, cherry jello, morello cherries and juice cooked with a little sugar and cornstarch until thickened then cooled, and whipped cream, in layers. Yum!

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 12:10PM
shirleywny5

Here is what my Mom did with left over cake that got dried out. She would whip up cream and fold in the chunks of cake and freeze it in the ice cube trays that came with our frig. The trays with the removable inserts. Of course, she took out the insert. Absolutely delicious. We couldn't wait for it to get frozen. I grew up on a dairy farm so we had all the cream we wanted.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 1:45PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas
I am making dessert for an evening business meeting...
Lucky400
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Help With Pie Filling
I'm trying to come up with a fruit pie filling where...
vnw232
RECIPE: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Wanting to take Pumpkin Dump Cake to work and wondered...
cjwood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™