RECIPE: need professnl pie baker's help
4 cans of pitted cherries.
- (2 cans sweet cherries(in water)
- 2 cans sour cherries(in water)
.1/4 cup honey 4 tblsp quick cooking tapioca 1/2 tsp almond extract 1/4 tsp pwd nutmeg frozen double crust pie pastry 9" a couple recipes dealing with similar but not exact ingredients.
- 1 recipe calls for regular(not frozen) crust
- one recipe says "drain cherries and hold liquid aside"
- one recipe says use frozen cherries and makes no mention of liquid
my question: would the following make a delicious pie;if not...HELP!please!color="green">
- i would combine all 4 cans of cherries in a bowl and drain(?) excess
- i would add 1/4 cup honey,almond extract,ground nutmeg,pinch of lemon peel,and 4 tblsp quick cooking tapioca(would that be 1 tblsp too mch?)
- i would let sit until all seemed absorbed
- i would fill unbaked pie crust;
- i would put top crust on,and add slits
- i would bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes
color="blue">would this work?color="magenta">
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here
Most Recent Posts
- Ash (burned fire-wood) for composting? â¢Â byÂ kimmsr
- Best place to plant R. Moschata? â¢Â byÂ true-blue
- New gas range owner...is it too hot?? â¢Â byÂ dadoes
- Any Thoughts on American Leather brand? â¢Â byÂ Freethinker99
- Failure of Palram greenhouses â¢Â byÂ Davidaj123
- Minerals in the soil â¢Â byÂ kimmsr
- My Experience with Smith Brothers of Berne, IN â¢Â byÂ Freethinker99
- Old house, small kitchen, part 2 â¢Â byÂ sena01
- King Hickory vs. Marshfield sofas â¢Â byÂ Freethinker99
- Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #1: â¢Â byÂ ponyexpress_1