Make a Display Bag or Gift Bag With Sandwich Baggies

kudzukweenNovember 24, 2009

I ran out of ink on my printer, so I couldn't print out any labels for those fold over type sandwich bags. As I sat looking at my craft storage drawers, I spotted some rolls of wallpaper border, and thought, wow..it's right under my nose! Cut a piece the size of your baggie..mine are 6". Place item in the bag and fold over the top, then staple it! Easy and cute, so may wallpapers out there at yard sales and thrift stores, or cheap enough at dollar stores to ensure all your labels match :D Punch a hole in the center if you need to hang it from a rack!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

Great idea! I like working with wallpaper and have several wallpaper sample books.

You can usually get wallpaper sample books for free at places like home improvement stores, or stores that deal with home decorating. My local neighborhood home improvement store occasionally throws all of the their outdated wallpaper sample books into wheelbarrows and they are yours for the taking.

Bookmark   November 25, 2009 at 11:23AM
trudymom

Love that idea--I'm going to use it!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Bookmark   November 27, 2009 at 10:05AM
luvstocraft

You are just so clever Kudzu, I've always thought those printed ones you see were cute, but would never have thought to use wallpaper instead. This would look great for displaying items at a craft show or even for sorting craft supplies at home. Luvs

Bookmark   November 27, 2009 at 1:07PM
minnie_tx

How clevar submit it to a craft magazine I'm going to tell my friend who makes her envelopes from old wallpaper books she'll love it

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™