LOOKING for: What to make with silicone Heart mold?

linnea56February 11, 2008

Not sure what possessed me but I picked up a red silicone heart mold at the craft store. Now I donÂt know what to make in it. It has 6 sections like a muffin tin. I guess I was thinking of surprising husband and daughter with heart-shaped muffins on ValentineÂs Day morning. Cute little pineapple upside-down cakes? I could cut the pineapple rings to fit. But IÂm thinking now that the raising of muffins or cupcakes may make whatever I put in these heart shapes kind of shapeless. Not sure if thatÂs true or not. What else could I do? I usually make some kind of fabulous dessert for ValentineÂs Day but the emphasis is on taste, not decoration or appearance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
khandi

Check this out! It looks sooo good!! It's heart shaped too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Caramel Cake

Bookmark   February 12, 2008 at 12:07PM
linnea56

That looks really yummy but maybe not for the mold. Oh well, it won't be the first time I've bought a white elephant.

Bookmark   February 14, 2008 at 12:55AM
arandygail

I don't know how big your heart molds are, but last year I bought some free-standing non-stick individual heart molds. I am going to make lava cakes out of them tonight. I don't know if they will hold their shapes when I take them out of the pan, but it's worth a try.

Gail

Bookmark   February 14, 2008 at 10:29AM
doucanoe

First thing that came to my mind was

Couers A La Creme
(Cream Hearts)

6 6-inch squares of cheesecloth, moistened
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
1 c whipping cream
1 recipe peach sauce or raspberry sauce (recipes follow)

Line 6 3-inch molds with cheesecloth squares, allowing cloth to overhang. In small mixer bowl, blend cheese and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed on mixer until light and fluffy,

In another bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks; fold into cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into molds. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. To serve, invert onto plate. Holding onto cheesecloth ends,lift off mold, peel off cheesecloth. Serve with Peach or Raspberry Sauce.

Serves 6

Peach Sauce: Heat 1/4 c apricot preserves until melted. Stir in 10 oz frozen peaches, thawed, well drained and chopped, and 2 T orange liqueur. Cover and chill. Makes about 1 cup of sauce

Raspberry Sauce: Heat 1/4 c currant jelly until melted. Stir in 10 oz frozen raspberries, thawed, and well drained, and 2 T dry red wine. Cover and chill. Makes about 1 cup of sauce

Linda

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 8:03PM
wendylynders

Here is a Demarle Mold donation drawing we are doing for a fund raiser. The product is wonderful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demarle Drawing with donations

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
recipe: i found it
Just double checked my recipe box and found the "lost...
darrah
pistachio gelato
Hi, I got David Lebowitz's ice cream book and made...
alexh1000
RECIPE: Food processor apple cake/kuchen recipe
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me find this recipe,...
lccntryrox
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Wanting to take Pumpkin Dump Cake to work and wondered...
cjwood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™