Help with Spray Adhesive

beachteachNovember 25, 2009

I need some help in choosing/using spray adhesive. My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will soon be undergoing surgery. I want to make a pink themed Christmas wreath for her. I finally was able to locate some pink Christmas balls (with gold filigree design) and an angel with a pink velvet gown. I also found some garland made of clear pink beads that I broke apart into sprays. Anyway, here is my problem. I bought a green wreath and it just looks too "green" LOL - I had the idea to put white glitter on the tips to kind of soften it up a bit. I have never used spray adhesive. If I was to lightly spray the wreath with the adhesive, do you think the glitter would stick to the tips? I was also thinking of perhaps mixing in a very small amount of pink glitter with the whie. I have also had a time finding ribbon for a bow. I finally found a sheer white with some gold filigree on it. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find white/gold - everything is white/silver. I was thinking about maybe trying to also spray the bow and then lightly sprinking it with pink glitter. Would it be better to do the ribbon before I do the bow - or should I just not put glitter on the bow? What is a good adhesive to get? Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

I would suggest you buy spray glitter, that would be the easiest route to take. I use Krylon specialty sprays (pearl, frost, etc.) and they work really well. Krylon is a very well known brand and found pretty much anywhere.

Bookmark   November 26, 2009 at 10:59AM
nonacook

When I wanted to 'tip' the ends on a wreath, I bought glitter glue in a bottle that had a tip on it. Just squeeze the bottle where you want the glitter....
The spray would probably work better on the ribbon however...

Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 7:32PM
gardener1908

Some spray adhesives stay tacky, so you might wind up with a "tacky" wreath, no pun intended.LOL Maybe if you were careful to just get the tips it might work. What about just painting an ordinary craft glue on the edges with a paint brush and then sprinkling on the glue.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 5:43PM
beachteach

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did actually do what you suggested gardener1908 - I mixed the "snowy" glitter with just a little pink glitter, painted the tips with craft glue and then sprinkled on the glitter mixture. I really like the way it came out. Now I just have to put all the things on. I am not sure if I am going to put any pink glitter on the ribbon. I think that may be overdoing it.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
parker806
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Sponsored Products
Sunnydaze Cannonade Outdoor Solar-on-Demand Fountain, 39 Inch
SerenityHealth
Shaggy Vibes Stratus Aspen Blue Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$238.40 | Bellacor
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Natural Fiber Beige/Red 3 ft. x
$66.97 | Home Depot
Heavy-duty Garage Mats - 14'
$319.00 | FRONTGATE
Darlee Santa Barbara Swivel Rocker Patio Chair with Sesame Seat Cushion
$347.99 | Hayneedle