Help with Spray Adhesive

beachteachNovember 25, 2009

I need some help in choosing/using spray adhesive. My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will soon be undergoing surgery. I want to make a pink themed Christmas wreath for her. I finally was able to locate some pink Christmas balls (with gold filigree design) and an angel with a pink velvet gown. I also found some garland made of clear pink beads that I broke apart into sprays. Anyway, here is my problem. I bought a green wreath and it just looks too "green" LOL - I had the idea to put white glitter on the tips to kind of soften it up a bit. I have never used spray adhesive. If I was to lightly spray the wreath with the adhesive, do you think the glitter would stick to the tips? I was also thinking of perhaps mixing in a very small amount of pink glitter with the whie. I have also had a time finding ribbon for a bow. I finally found a sheer white with some gold filigree on it. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find white/gold - everything is white/silver. I was thinking about maybe trying to also spray the bow and then lightly sprinking it with pink glitter. Would it be better to do the ribbon before I do the bow - or should I just not put glitter on the bow? What is a good adhesive to get? Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

I would suggest you buy spray glitter, that would be the easiest route to take. I use Krylon specialty sprays (pearl, frost, etc.) and they work really well. Krylon is a very well known brand and found pretty much anywhere.

Bookmark   November 26, 2009 at 10:59AM
nonacook

When I wanted to 'tip' the ends on a wreath, I bought glitter glue in a bottle that had a tip on it. Just squeeze the bottle where you want the glitter....
The spray would probably work better on the ribbon however...

Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 7:32PM
gardener1908

Some spray adhesives stay tacky, so you might wind up with a "tacky" wreath, no pun intended.LOL Maybe if you were careful to just get the tips it might work. What about just painting an ordinary craft glue on the edges with a paint brush and then sprinkling on the glue.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 5:43PM
beachteach

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did actually do what you suggested gardener1908 - I mixed the "snowy" glitter with just a little pink glitter, painted the tips with craft glue and then sprinkled on the glitter mixture. I really like the way it came out. Now I just have to put all the things on. I am not sure if I am going to put any pink glitter on the ribbon. I think that may be overdoing it.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™