RECIPE: Looking for Frozen Raspberry Desert Recipe

Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9bJanuary 5, 2009

I got this recipe 40 years ago from a college friend's mom. I made it as a newlywed, but the thing has disappeared! I want to make it again. From what I remember it had layers of sweetened whipped cream, whipped butter (sweetened with powdered sugar?), raspberries, sliced almonds, and I don't know if it had a crumb crust. It was frozen, then you cut into squares, and it tasted wonderful!! Anyone have this recipe?

I think the whipped butter makes it rich and easy to slice. I think............ It tasted good with pineapple also. I'd be open to a nice lemon version! Thanks in advance!

Suzi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Does the recipe below sound similar? It's chilled not frozen & it doesn't have the almonds, though. Click on Layered BC Raspberry Dessert.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raspberry Dessert

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 5:30PM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Thank you! It looks good, and it IS frozen. The butter makes the freezing cut easy, in my opinion. I lost the thing due to fear about weight gain. Now, I am so thin, nothing like that matters. Thank you again. i will try this recipe!!

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 3:14PM
ginger_st_thomas

Hope it's the correct one & as good as you remember.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 4:13PM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Here is the update! I made the recipe with a few changes. My man is diabetic, and I didn't want to load the thing with sugar, so I substituted 1 Cup of Raw Organic Agave Nectar for the 4 C of powdered sugar, and I left out the eggs in the butter mixture. It tasted the same and spread the same. The whole desert was a huge hit with our guests! Delicious!!

If I do it again, I'll mix the berries in with half the whipped cream because they become a layer of ice and are hard to slice if you freeze it. Suspended in whipped cream, I think they would cut easier with no change in flavor.

I'd top the thing with the other half of whip cream, and then some sliced almonds.

You guys should try that recipe! It's deelish!

Thanks!

Suzi

Bookmark   January 26, 2009 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Irish Cream recipes
Please share any Irish Cream recipes that you've tried...
ruthz
LOOKING for: Eagle Brand Lemon Bars (No Cooking)
I'm looking for a recipe my mom used to make all the...
lobotome
LOOKING for: Almond Cookies
Hello Everyone! I make cookies at home with almond...
kartik2094
RECIPE: chocolate/raspberry yogurt whip?
Hi! I am hoping someone knows of a recipe or has some...
cateyanne
RECIPE: Rhubarb/strawberry jello crunch
I lost my recipe for this dessert. I know you make...
deb_pa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™