Organizing Inspiration

concretenprimrosesNovember 10, 2009

I used to cut things from magazines and put them in a file and I never looked at them, then I tried a notebook and I never looked at them. I found a system using old style pocket photo albums that works for me that I want to share. I posted pics and more of an explanation on my blog if you are interested:

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: concretenprimroses blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

May be we could use this thread to share how we save things that inspire us or that we want to do. Or any other hints about keeping our crafting lives in order. I'm experienceing crafting creep as supplies and magazine articles appear all over the house.
kathy

Bookmark   November 11, 2009 at 7:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calirose

Actually I put my clippings in regular file (tabbed)folders, and use a crate to hold them. Easy to drop in a clipping, and easy to pull out the folder to use. This holds a variety of information - from craft projects to painting inspirations. I mostly paint so I have my folders specifically titled, i.e. not animals, but horses, deer, etc. The plastic crate I have accepts hanging folders, so I place the file folders in hanging folders. Sometimes I may place a couple of file folders in one hanging folder if the subject matter is similar - i.e. the animal group above listed. I may have one for wild animals, with folders for big cats, birds of prey, etc.

Christmas is too large to combine, so I have separate hanging folders for Santas, Angels, Snowpeople, etc.

Kathy, your photo album idea is a good one, especially if each subject is placed in separate or divided albums!

Bookmark   November 11, 2009 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™