ruthanna_gwJanuary 10, 2004

This is a good way to use excess Clementines:

SANGRIA SUNDAES

1/ 2 cup dry red wine

3 Tbs. orange marmalade

1/ 2 tsp. lime juice

2 clementines or tangerines, peeled, segmented and cut in half

Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt

In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 2 Tbs. Add marmalade, stir, and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and fruit. Let cool slightly. At serving time, scoop ice cream into serving dishes and spoon the reserved sauce over top. Note: Also good over peach ice cream

Do you use Clementines in any desserts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

What a nice sounding topping, Ruthanna. I used to make these up in Sint Maarten so we could have them ready for lunch guests. From C. Claiborne:
TANGERINES EN SURPRISE (serves 6)
10-12 tangerines
2 cups water
1 cup + 2 TBL sugar
2 TBL corn syrup
2 TBL grated tangerine peel
2 TBL lemon juice
2 egg whites
Fresh mint sprigs

Cut the tops off 6 of the tangerines. With a spoon, gently scoop out the fruit sections. Reserve the shells & tops.
Remove the seeds from teh sections & extract the juice by pressing the sections in a potato ricer.. Use enough additional tangerine sections to make 2 cups of juice.
Combine the water, 1 cup of the sugar & the corn syrup & boil briskly 5 minuts. Add the grated tangerine peel & cool.
Add the tangerine & lemon juices to the syrup mixture. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve & pour into a shallow pan. Freeze until mushy.
When the ice is partly set, beat the egg whites with 2 TBL sugar until stiff. Fold into the ice & continue to freeze until the ice is solid.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill heach tangerine shell with 2 scoops of the ice. Cover each with a tangerine top. Assemble in a pan, wrap with foil & return to the freezer until ready to serve. Garnish each with a sprig of mint before serving.~~

Bookmark   January 10, 2004 at 12:31PM
teri2

These both sound sooooo good. Rather than chocolate or baked goods, I lean toward fruity desserts. And ice cream, of course. I'll put these in my Life After Atkins file.

Teri

Bookmark   January 15, 2004 at 9:19AM
ginger_st_thomas

You can't have fruit with Atkins???

Bookmark   January 15, 2004 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: What's your best improvement to boxed cake mix?
I love to play around with cake mixes and improve the...
bonelady
RECIPE: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Wanting to take Pumpkin Dump Cake to work and wondered...
cjwood
LOOKING for: Basic jelly roll, 2 or less eggs, non-dairy
Hi, all. It's unbelievable, how there still is no decent...
jally
choc chip cookie recipe with pudding
Last Christmas I saw on here a recipe for choc chip...
sorie6
RECIPE: merita fruitcake
Some of you may remember a fruitcake sold by Merita...
bws1955
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™