where to find tents

faithlovehope6November 6, 2009

I am going to do craft shows next year trying to get ready now but i need to know where to find tents that are easy to set up? or does someone have a link on how to make one easily????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvs2click

I got mine at WalMart - it was only around $80 for a 10X10. They usually have a large selection. Most sporting good stores have them also, they are getting to be a very common item in most stores. You might do some research about the craft shows you're planning to do. I've found some of them require a WHITE tent. Mine is blue! The picky ones are usually the more expensive shows to get in to and probably the better ones. I only do farmer's markets in the summer, so the blue works fine for that. The one large show I do in the summer provides your space inside a large tent. Otherwise I do only inside shows in the fall/winter.
Arlene

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 12:13AM
mariend

If you have never done shows find out the requirments, restrictions first. If inside, they may not allow tents, outside depends on weather and other things.

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 7:56PM
toomuchglass

I See them all the time at sporting good stores. They're 10' x 10' canopies . Good enough !

Funny you should bring up the topic . I bought an E-Z up tent years ago with the intent of doing outside craft fairs .. I never did . Now I'm selling it ....

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 10:22PM
amberscu

I do farmer's markets and just use a regular canopy top for it. It works well for that purpose because I don't need the side and I don't leave it over night.

For festivals where I have to leave my things or for the colder weather, I bought an EZ UP canopy. It is very nice because it has 4 sides and can be completely closed up. I got mine for $200 at Sams Club. I was a good investment even though I only do 2 outside festivals.

Bookmark   November 8, 2009 at 8:21AM
grandma_bonnie

I have been at the markets for 25 years now - started with a round table and an umbrella - I have been thru all the Wal-Mart/Big 5 canopys - save your money - they fall apart with a year. I bought a Caravan 6 years ago and hsve never regretted it - you can replace every nut and bolt in it. You have to duct tape and wire the others. I have never had anything go wrong but I have washed the top several times. It can be purchased at Costco $200 out the door or $240 delivered to your door... Yes, it is more but you get what you pay for - oh, it also includes four zipper sides. I do 2 - 3 shows a week-end - I recommend it to everyone...

Bookmark   November 8, 2009 at 8:57AM
christopherh

Bonnie,

I agree. The good canopies are worth every penny. We were doing a show last year and an exhibitor was getting out of the business and retiring. Her Craft Hut was 8 years old and she announced she wanted to sell it that weekend so she wouldn't have to take it home. The bidding started and the final bid was $600 cash money. She said she paid $800 for it and so it was a great investment.

I paid $700 for my KD Canopy in 1987 and have done over 350 outdoor shows with it. Again, a great investment in my business.

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 10:45AM
grandma_bonnie

Yep, Chris - newbies buy the $80 special and within a month, they are having to jury-rig it to keep it together... I try to get those who are serious to get a professional canopy - they just look better - I even have banners that I use in the summeertime that are elevated just above the canopy to advertise my two top sellers - brings them in and paid for themselves within a month.

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 9:37PM
luvs2click

I agree if you are going to do this on a full-time basis (i.e. lots of shows) or live in a windy area, invest in something good. But if you're like me and only do 4 or 5 outside markets per summer, or are just getting your feet wet with shows to test the market, the $80 "cheapie special" is perfect. I take special care putting it up and down and take good care of it and even after a few years it is in like-new condition. It has served its purpose well for me!

Bookmark   November 11, 2009 at 9:48PM
grandma_bonnie

Glad it works for you - I was just trying to save her some money and headaches in the long run - she said she would be doing craft shows this next year - why handicap her with an inferior piece of equipment?

Bookmark   November 12, 2009 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Sponsored Products
Sunnydaze Green/Sand Ceramic Cascade Solar Fountain, 21 Inch Tall
SerenityHealth
Lightray Architectural Bronze 6.5-Inch High One-Light Wall Sconce
$58.00 | Bellacor
Floor Lamps: 2-Light Floor Lamp Dark Walnut Finish CLI-LS442912
Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Fireside Patio Mats Rugs Navajo Breeze Burgundy and
$79.99 | Home Depot
'Find Joy' Chalkboard Flag
$9.99 | zulily
nuLOOM Indoor/ Outdoor Trellis Porch Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™