Unusual Thread Necklace

ringaroundtherosieNovember 24, 2008

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the instructions for making necklaces out of thread that all these crafters are making and selling. I've only seen a couple of them and can't figure out how to make them. They look like a triple strand of beads only the necklace is made completely from thread. The thread they use for them is about 1/16 inch wide..starts out with two threads on each side, and after about 1/8 of an inch thread is filled in completely from side to side, then there's another gap with one thread on each side and then filled in. I don't know how to explain it at all. I searched on the internet and couldn't find anything. This one lady told me they sold them at a church bazaar for $6.00 each and made over $2,000. Personally, I'd rather have real jewelry, but several ladies at our church want to make and sell them for our annual arts/crafts fair. I don't have one or I would take a photo and post it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rosie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amberscu

Sounds interesting!! I hope someone can help so we can see the picture!

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 8:46PM
leveta

Martha Stewart i believe may have what your looking for. I did have it in my favs, but it's gone. It was a necklace made of buttons I believe on 3 strands and I'm thinking made from one piece...

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 9:35PM
adellabedella_usa

Is it possibly some sort of crochet necklace?

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 10:18PM
kudzukween

this says knotted thread necklace-no photo

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190117_make-knotted-thread-necklace.html

a crochet thread necklace- with photos
http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-033

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 7:59AM
sorie6

Here's a pic of one I crocheted. I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic here. This link in on HGTV crochet messageboard.Hope this helps
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/141104423/m/3861027583?r=3151080783#3151080783

Bookmark   November 27, 2008 at 1:38PM
sorie6

Sorry I didn't check the link before I posted it. It doesn't work. Check out finished crocheted necklace by Sorie on the crochet board on hgtv.I'm still trying to figure out how to post a pic here!! Thanks

Bookmark   November 27, 2008 at 6:47PM
ringaroundtherosie

Hi all,

I'm going to have to find one of the necklaces and post a photo. From a distance they sort of look like a cluster of colored pearls The instructions for the knotted thread necklace could be the one, but without knowing how to make one myself, I can't be certain. I'm sure puzzled about it. Thanks for all of your help.

Rosie

Bookmark   November 29, 2008 at 8:44AM
cherry001

I'm looking forward to searching such pictures, because this kind of necklace is really interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Necklaces

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 6:12AM
posieh

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but I have two necklaces of tiny pearl beads that a "Bead expert" told me were crocheted with three strands of tiny pearls. These are quite old necklaces that belonged to my Mom. I can't figure it out and I don't remember her ever wearing them. I'm not good at posting pics either, sorry!

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 1:02PM
twinklenose

Is it what they call a 'floating' necklace? Where the threads almost appear invisible, and just the pearls showing?

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 11:20PM
the-light-lady

Can a bracelet be made with this same pattern? Were they made as children and now crafter's are making them & selling them? I might of found the instructions at www.ehow.com? Look under the 'How To' tab and then search for, 'How to make a 'Knotted Thread Necklace'. Let me know if this is it or not, okay. My sister & I used to make these as girls and used the empty cardboard that held bolts of fabric and a T pin to secure our necklaces and bracelets at the top while knotting them. It is also what they call macrame. Good luck!!!

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 8:31PM
mariend

There is some thread that is heavier that the counted cross stitch thread, but made by the same company. It is designed for necklaces. Check under DMC web site.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™