Exterior Colors & Scheme needed asap, thanks!

mommy2nkDecember 11, 2012

It was suggested that I post over here, I am really hoping someone can help me.
I am suppose to have my paint colors and schemes picked out already. My husband just hired the painter and I am stuck for ideas. If you could please take a look at my house and give me ideas I would really appreciate it. The colors in my development (non-HOA) are in the peachy-tans. My house is one of the lighter colors and has a pinkish hue to it. There are 15 house on my block but if you drive through the rest of the neighborhood houses are many different colors. I don't want to stick out but there really are no colors that are in that peachy family that I like. I live in So. Cal and I have palm trees throughout my landscaping. My river rock accents have gray, bown, tan and peach color tones. I am looking along the lines of earthy-colors like Waynesboro Taupe, Weimaraner, basically brownish-Gray colors. I have sampled on my walls, Sag Harbor Gray, Sandy hook Gray, and more. They all end in gray. A lot of those colors have a greenish hint to them. What I would like advice on is: Color choices and color placement. What should those wood pieces (are they called gables?)be painted? Should I paint them darker, lighter, or an accent color? Currently they are the same as the house but I don't like it. There are 3 of those, the largest being the above the large garage. That large one has vertical wood detail pieces. What color should we paint the garage? We will be replacing the shutters with slightly larger ones and those I plan on keeping dark, as well as painting my door black. I am open to color suggestions as well. My painter can use Benjamin Moore colors, Vista Paint or Frazee colors. Thanks so much for any input you can give me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
threeapples

how about a deep taupe color for the house, garage included and you can do the shutters in an accent color.

Bookmark   December 11, 2012 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Opinions on using Rigid Foam on exterior walls & basement floor?
Okay, so I am getting a lot closer to groundbreaking...
ctsnicholas
How to tie up loose financial ends.
I have a couple of things that I need to tie up. 1....
aimless07
Reviews on Corinthian Columns?
Hello, I'd like to know if anyone have used fiberglass...
homebuilding newbie
Floorplan review
Hi everyone. My husband and I are working on building...
sarahbr2
Door heights and sliding door
We are remodeling a small apartment in a modern high...
tzameret
Sponsored Products
NorthCape Venice Wicker Cushion Patio Sofa
LuxeDecor
Set of Two Personalized Moscow Mule Mugs
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Carpyen | Boop! Wall/Ceiling Light
$536.80 | YLighting
Calligaris | Anais Fabric Chair - Quick Ship
YLiving.com
White Dimmable Goodyear Ceiling Adjustable Length LED 10" Barn Light
$257.00 | Cocoweb