Working on this tea service!

kudzukweenNovember 6, 2008

Got it washed in light green paint, and painted the candle sticks white. Since the $3 stained glass lampshade fell and broke, I took it apart to repurpose the glass to mosaic the tea set. I have photos to share of it all :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Kudzu, that's a really pretty set, can't wait to see it when you have it all done.

I did a teapot and a tray from the TS with white paint and then painted some roses on it. I also found a nice teapot that I cleaned up really well and have decided not to paint it. Currently have it on a tray on my coffee table.

Please tell me that you only break up chipped rose plates--I love rose plates, and it would hurt my heart to know the good ones were getting smashed. LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 3:29AM
kudzukween

Oh I'd just love to see a tea set painted with roses, I don't know how to paint!
The rose plates were very heavy because of the rims, and some sort of seconds from somewhere, and the rims were chipped. I had thought to use them to create a cake/dessert plate adding them to a candle stick, but they were too heavy for that, even on a shorter one, figuring I could glue some roses or a bird to the bad spots. I save the nice vintage or antique ones and sell them to support my various addictions; no need to smash one up if it's not chipped,cracked or crazed with water stains. The market is good right now (sadly) because there are still storm damaged things coming in.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 1:06PM
huggybear_2008

Kudzu, here is a web site to check out for Mrs Teapots.. she has such lovely teapots.. check out her shop

http://www.mrsteapots.com/photos.htm

Huggy

Bookmark   November 9, 2008 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™