snowman noddler

oddieNovember 10, 2006

Heres a photo of a couple of my snowman noddler made from old bed springs, not my idea I saw them on another forum and did my own thing, its nice hearing all your comments, you never know if family is just being nice

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gw:craftylady-2006

Well I'm going to be honest and tell you the truth Oddie - those bedspring snowmen are just darling as ever. How wonderful, they are sooooo cute, I love 'em. Send me a couple! Now I must ask, what did you make the heads out of, styrofoam and what....? How much do you think you would charge for these - $8.00 or more? I picked up some old bedsprings myself and was looking for ideas, hope you don't mind if I also use this one. You did an excellent job, pat yourself on the back - HONESTLY!!!

Sal

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 6:37PM
oddie

Thank you craftlady, the heads are old glass bulbs I found at the fleamarket, just turned them upside down and covered the hook part under the scraf, the nose I use small tops from glue bottles and some paints come with these tops also,
some I make useing saltdough, I use dimenisonal paint like snow to cover holes in the top of the nose, please feel free to use anything I might post as I said these are not my ideas ,just my crafting , I think $8.00 would be a fair price, probley wouldnt get that much in my area, I cant remenber where I saw it but I saw one made up with a flower on top maybe silk,the spring was painted silver and had a string of beads going around the coils, another had a wooden star on top , if I come up with any other ideas I will let you know oddie

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 7:47PM
luvstocraft

Oddie, I agree with Craftylady--they are adorable. What a clever idea. I had to go back and look again when you said they were bulbs! Love the buttons down the front on the one--very cute. Are the eyes little black beads? And that little blue hat--so cute. Wish I had some springs to decorate like that. Will have to keep my eyes open and watch for some. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 9:37PM
adellabedella_usa

Those are really cute! I love the buttons also.

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 10:58PM
bestalikat

What a clever creative use for old bed springs! I really like them.

Allison

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 4:04AM
bestalikat

Oddie, do you have a website with your other creations?

Allison

(P.S. Sure wish we could edit our previous posts instead of having to post successively. *sigh*)

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 4:16AM
oddie

Thanks all for your nice comments, no I do not have a website, luvtocraft told me how to post more then one photo at a time so the next set of photo will be all that I have photos of right now, have a few other crafts I finished and need to take photos of, please remenber the nooders are not my idea and wouldnt think of trying to pass it off as mine I just did the crafting
oddie

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 8:44AM
Cheri_C

OMG, oddie. I just love them!!! I've been looking for some ideas for my bed springs. Great job!!!

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 10:55AM
barb_from_pa

These are so dear! I think they would sell like crazy! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 12:12PM

Oddie,

Another post from me. You said you saw the idea on another forum, would you mind telling me what forum that was. If it was a whole different site than Garden Web, would you mind letting me know that also. Thanks,

Sal

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 2:31PM
kacram

the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 2:52PM
Frances_AR

Those are adorable, and I have to say, the best I've seen out of all. I keep saying I'm going to do some of those, but just added to my list of the thousands I have to do.

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 3:08PM
tammy_crafter

oddie - the spring people are very cute - I did these in a more "country" snowmenby gathering soft & natural into a ball for their heads - making a black hat for the head and leaving the spring natural & rusty, Laso made Xmas trees from a green chenille quilt I had stuck it on top add rusty bells sold like crazy. i saw the snowmen in country sampler last year and just went by the picture.
Any other snowmen ides to pass along to a fellow crafter in IL
tammy_crafter

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 4:20PM
oddie

craftlady try this link

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1004031632/m/6541021982?r=3041082982#3041082982
there is a lady with user name eileen who makes these does real nice work I make some of her bottle cap pins also will post pictures of them soon

oddie

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 4:27PM
Cheri_C

Tammy, We need to see pics of yours too!!! They sound really neat.
Cheri

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 4:58PM
tammy_crafter

If I can figure out how to do it I'll send pics of all my swmo poeple I make. Have 3 weeks til my "big" show - have no spring people done - sold all last year. I do have ?'s for anybody who can help me - looking for garland, wreaths, etc that has a consistency of fun foam leaves - WHAT IS IT CALLED - WHERE CAN I FIND IT! michaels, hobby lobby and trees n trends do not have em.
tammy

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 6:06PM

Tammy - type "fun foam leaves" in your web browser line at the top of this screen (the long white box) and then hit the GO button - several sites on the leaves come up.

Sal

P.S. I see you just joined the site on 11-8-06 - Welcome, so glad you joined us. This is great isn't it.

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 9:21PM
bestalikat

There's a step-by-step guide to making these that used to be on the HGTV site. It's now been captured in the "Step by Step" crafting site here: Directions for Nodders

Allison

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowman Nodders

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 1:12PM

Bestalikat - the site opens up but I can't get to the snowman, the page has the words on it but no pics or instructions - am I doing something wrong?

Sal

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 9:19PM
bestalikat

Sal,

I'm not sure what to tell you. It works for me. I'm using Firefox.

There are lots of crafts on that page; the nodders is the third project down. There are TONS of pics, so maybe you just have to wait for them all to load?

Sorry I don't have any better solutions. Maybe try a different browser.

Allison

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 10:10PM
luvstocraft

Wow bestalikat , that is a fun site to browse all those crafts. I saw screen painting,pavers, loved the spoon snowmen, the noodlers, and those cinnamon rolls. Is there also a place with written instructions, or you just have to go by the pictures and what few instructions are posted with them? Thanks for sharing this. By the way, Oddie, I think your noddlers are even more cute than the ones on the site! Luvs

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 11:43PM
Jacquelyn

Ohh my these are awesome!!

Bookmark   November 18, 2006 at 11:52AM
nonacook

I have some nodders on my website, but they are not
fancy and I did not make the heads. They are just ornaments that I bought
and glued to the bedsprings. I did these about 4 years ago.

Http://members.cox.net/nonacook

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 11:00PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™