Please Help !

PosieNovember 20, 2007

I have alot of Mardi Gras beads and some are quite nice even through they are plastic. I wanted to use some for Christmas decorations but they are (glued?) to the string. I can't seem to get them off and if I do cut them off I can't restring them as the hole in the bead is still filled with string. I tried a hot darning needle to poke a hole into them, but that didn't work. Any ideas, ???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Use the hot glue gun to glue them to ornaments or boxes good idea to use them

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 6:38PM
paintingfool

My daughter has a mardi gras tree - she used the small necklaces and placed them inside the clear glass ornaments. They looked really nice.

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 7:56PM
craftylady-2006

Great ideas there Minnie and Paintingfool, I'll have to remember that in the future.

Sal

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 5:58PM
oddie

I dont think you can remove the string from the beads, I beleive they are glued when made, I have tried with other cheap beads to remove the string with no luck, you could melt the beads and make ornaments, but be careful as melting plastic is toxic! and does give off toxic gas that you do not want to breath, I have a small toster oven I take out side and use, I make key chains and have made a neckless useing bottle caps for the base, and cheap plastice beads, I will post a photo so you can see more of what I am talking about.

oddie

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™